Direct/Monitor OUT further assignment options

• I have an unorthodox routing situation where I send SPDIF from the stack to an external unit and then return stereo through the FX loop. Mains go to a console. I use the monitor out for a poweramp/cab situation (hugely useful with the ground lift), however of course if I try to do this with stereo monitor out, it defeats the fx loop. This is where the option would come in handy...allow for the user to select the output on the direct out depending on if the fx loop is triggered or not. Expands the flexibility quite a bit.

Thoughts?

• Generally, that is possible. You can set the Output Source of the DIRECT OUT as you wish, which is applied while no effect loop is active. As soon as an effect loop is active, it acts as a SEND.

However, if you activate "Monitor Stereo", the DIRECT OUT gets paired with the MONITOR OUTPUT permanently. Otherwise you would loose one side of your stereo monitoring while an effect loop gets activated. That doesn't appear to be a meaningful application.

• Generally, that is possible. You can set the Output Source of the DIRECT OUT as you wish, which is applied while no effect loop is active. As soon as an effect loop is active, it acts as a SEND.

However, if you activate "Monitor Stereo", the DIRECT OUT gets paired with the MONITOR OUTPUT permanently. Otherwise you would loose one side of your stereo monitoring while an effect loop gets activated. That doesn't appear to be a meaningful application.

This all definitely works/makes sense, however there is a message that says “effects loop not possible monitor stereo is active”. Having the returns live in this situation would be useful for my setup.

• That's what I explained in my second paragraph. The message indicates, that you have activated "Monitor Stereo" in the Output Section. Deactivate Monitor Stereo and you can use the DIRECT OUT as you like while no effect loop is active.

In order to achieve what you seem to be looking for it might be more consequent to request the ability to use the SPDIF IN and OUT for an effect loop. This would free up the analog DIRECT OUT/SEND, the ALTERNATIVE IN and RETURN for other tasks.

• That's what I explained in my second paragraph. The message indicates, that you have activated "Monitor Stereo" in the Output Section. Deactivate Monitor Stereo and you can use the DIRECT OUT as you like while no effect loop is active.

In order to achieve what you seem to be looking for it might be more consequent to request the ability to use the SPDIF IN and OUT for an effect loop. This would free up the analog DIRECT OUT/SEND, the ALTERNATIVE IN and RETURN for other tasks.

In this case, I’m using the spdif to connect to an axefx ii, then sending from the axe’s 2nd output to a gate and time based fx string, from that back into the kemper through the loop, and then put the mains back into the fractal. This gives me the ability to send the fractal both mono from the stack as well as a direct signal and keep the fractals fx loop running in stereo with a small enough latency to actually blend different amp models between the two units.

I definitely understand that this use case is incredibly specific, but I figured why not see if it was possible. Y’all work so many miracles as it is.

• In this case, I’m using the spdif to connect to an axefx ii, then sending from the axe’s 2nd output to a gate and time based fx string, from that back into the kemper through the loop, and then put the mains back into the fractal. This gives me the ability to send the fractal both mono from the stack as well as a direct signal and keep the fractals fx loop running in stereo with a small enough latency to actually blend different amp models between the two units.

I definitely understand that this use case is incredibly specific, but I figured why not see if it was possible. Y’all work so many miracles as it is.

What Kemper should do is to enable the SPDIF to send and return FX to the Kemper digitally!!

Avoiding extra D/A A/D D/A to initial A/D..

It's absolutely ridiculous that the SPDIF input can only be inserted for re-amping in front of the amp!

It totally makes sense to enable the SPDIF to insert FX too from external hardware such as the Fractal or many other FX units as most guitar FX units have SPDIF ports at the back..

As well as send FX from a computer interface!!

This would lower the latency and the degradation of the signal enormously, as well as expanding the FX possibilities infinitely..

The new Kemper floorboard unit will bring 2x FX Loops.. <X

Why do they not enable the SPDIF for inserting FX on the older units at least now??

It's a no brainer!!

;(