Barefaced Cabinets - A new cabinet technology

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This looks pretty promising. I would love to see the new Kemper Kabinet make use of this idea.

https://barefacedaudio.com/pro…12?variant=23413701279802

[Blocked Image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0088/3094/3290/products/[email protected]?v=1562155166]

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

Edited once, last by JSB ().

I would love to see the new Kemper Kabinet make use of this idea.

Implementing that idea will delay the release of Kemper Kabinet, and also will add price for the patent. But on the other hand this can slay all the other FRFRs.

Either way, it's not prohibited to leave a feature request)

• This cabinet technology hasn't received a patent yet, but they applied for it. These Barefaced cabinets are already in production, and the company are interested in retailers and resellers. It's already black and green too.

I wonder how well this cab would work with the new Celestion speaker that's custom made for the upcoming Kemper Kabinet. CK said the speaker itself would be sold separately, when the time came.

Barefacedaudio has a good Celestion speaker selection, but I'd want the new Kemper Kone speaker.

https://barefacedaudio.com/col…celestion-12-guitar-range

Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• This is a great idea. I have experimented with this sort of with my Mesa Road King 412. My RK cab has one side enclosed and the other is half exposed. I noticed that when jamming, the opened side was very 3D sounding. Where the sound traveled more open. The closed side was very direct and didn't sound more open standing to the side of it.

What I did was moved the back panel where it opens both sides and then added some wood to fill it from the sides but opened about 3 inches from the main panel. Ported was my thought. It opened up the sound where it is huge sounding standing from the sides of it. I can hear myself a lot better in the mix. So I haven't changed it. I like it and my co-guitarist I play with is wanting to do this soon as well when he buys a RK cab, he said it's crazy how he can hear the difference from his side.

But this is design of theirs is great. It sounds like it could be the best idea to go portable which is what what I have been wanting for awhile. I am going to order one this coming month.

Thanks for sharing this. ?

• This should still work with the new Kemper Kone right? They aren't changing the Character or curves of the speaker (which I think is the idea of the Kemper Kone) but just disperses and delivers that tone more efficiently and evenly around the room. Sounds cool.

• This should still work with the new Kemper Kone right? They aren't changing the Character or curves of the speaker (which I think is the idea of the Kemper Kone) but just disperses and delivers that tone more efficiently and evenly around the room. Sounds cool.

I thought I heard CK say that there will be an adjustment for the direction of the Kemper Kone, or the beam from the speaker. This is the only thing I can think of that might work differently, as a result of this new AVD cabinet technology.

• Got one yesterday. Ordered it 4 weeks ago. I only had the opportunity to test it here at home, but it sounds incredibly 'big' for 1x12 cabinet. And the dispersion is way better, compared to my old 1x12 closed cabinet. You can already hear that here in my room.

I am very curious how it will sound on the rehearsal next monday.

• Mattes , that is Sweet!

What speaker did you get with it? Do you have the Power head/rack?

• I've ordered it with a Celestion G12M-65. Since i have a non powered toaster, it is driven by a stealth pro power amp from isp technologies. A small an lightweight amp, very much like the cab :).

• Looks like exactly what I have been looking for. I would love to have a speaker that disperses better than cabs I have used. I would love to hear how it works at gigs.

• What are your thoughts now that you've had a week or so? These look incredibly interesting to me.

To be honest, it works better than i expected. The result was, that my band mates asked me what has happened to the guitar, because it was way more 'indifferent' and in fact, it was. That is of course nothing negative, but you need to get used to it :)

Another major difference between my suhr 1x12 and the barefeet cabinet is the difference in frequency response. The barefaced sounds more scooped, despite the exactly same speaker model in both cabinets. That's a matter of taste and i'm still undecided which one i like more.

Edited once, last by Mattes ().