My personal profiles are louder than the ones I’ve downloaded

• I’ve been noticing that the profiles I make tend to be a solid 3+dB louder than the ones I’ve bought or downloaded when I’m recording, even the clean ones. Is this a normal thing? I’m getting tones I like so it doesn’t seem like a bad thing but I’m just curious why. I’ve noticed that when my preamp is too hot when making a profile the Kemper will tell me, just like when it’s too quiet. I’m not adjusting anything afterwards.

“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
    ― Mark Rothko

• I, too, run my rigs "hotter" than most that come from commercial providers. I think it's just a matter of personal preference, but it is annoying to have to adjust them all :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yeah guys, but the OP is asking why and if it's "normal" that the Profiles he makes are consistently-louder (by roughly 3dB) than the ones he buys and downloads.

Sorry LTG, I have no idea why this would be the case, but I am interested to know what's going on, so... following. :/

• It could be because of the Input settings on the OP's KPA. My guess is Commercial profilers all use 0 Clean Sense and 0 Distortion Sense, so their Rigs will be compatible with the Factory Settings.

I don’t change these when I profile but I can check it. This does happen on both clean and dirty profiles I make.

“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
    ― Mark Rothko

• The rig settings of the rig that was loaded prior to entering profiling mode will automatically become a part of the resulting rig. Try if loading a thirdparty rig before you profile makes your resulting rig equally loud.