Rig Manager User's Guide? I have a super basic question as a Kemper newbie

• Hey gang,

Sorry for the super basic question, but neither the Getting Started Guide, nor the 220+ page User's Manual answered this question for me. I just successfully updated my RM and I have a gazillion purchased and freely-downloaded from the forums profiles in my Mac's "Downloads" folder. How do I get those to appear in RM so that I can load them into my Kemper to try them out? Do I simply copy all the KIPR files and paste them into the Local Library folder in RM? What if the files were ZIP files and expanded to a folder? Can I just paste that whole folder and will it keep the folder name and organization inside RM? I didn't want to get experimenting and end up clobbering something I shouldn't have inside RM. Again, sorry for the super-newbie question.

Regards,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I don’t actually KNOW the answer. However, I have experimented with it and found the following. I hope someone can tell me a better way though.

I set up a folder in RM first. Then I open the folder than the zip file extracted into. I select all the files (excluding and read me or library files) and copy those. Then I go to the desired folder in RM and paste them there.

I have tried to import full folders before but never been successful. If there is a way to do it I’ll be happy to learn it along with you Jeff ?

• You can drag n' drop the folders you want to the RM, but it will import just the files. It will not create the folder name automatically. You have to do it manually, before dropping the files to the RM.

You can create a folder structure in your RM, according to your needs.

By the way, you don't have to load the Rigs into the Kemper to try them out. You can test them just by browsing RM.

• Yes, create the folders according to your needs in RM first, Jeff.

Within the Local Library folder, you can create structures 3-layers-deep. Right-click a folder you've created and you'll see an option to create another within it. You'll be able to do this once more to this newly-created one, resulting in a 3-layer-deep structure.

I've never copied and pasted Rigs; being a Mac guy cut my teeth on drag-and-drop, which of course is possible in RM. If for some reason, as might happen occasionally, dragged Rigs don't "stick", just select the folder you'd like to add Rigs to and hit command-I and an import window will appear, to which you can drag and select what you'd like to import before hitting OK / return / Import.

• By the way, once you have the Rig in your RM folders, it's easy to move it within your RM folders or create a copy in another RM folder, just like a regular file system

• Thanks, all! I'm hoping to fire this sucker up this weekend! I spent a ridiculous amount of money on profiles from a bunch of the usual suspects, but I need to track through everything that's already in the Kemper, plus all the free stuff, and then get to the stuff I paid for!

Regs,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• You can drag n' drop the folders you want to the RM, but it will import just the files. It will not create the folder name automatically. You have to do it manually, before dropping the files to the RM.

You can create a folder structure in your RM, according to your needs.

By the way, you don't have to load the Rigs into the Kemper to try them out. You can test them just by browsing RM.

+1
    Yes and be sure to click on Rigs instead of presets first.

I wasn't able to add anything to RM until I found out that I was trying to import .KIPR in the 'presets' instead of rigs ;)

• For me, the problem is that I can't cut and paste. Would make it so simple to reorganize my folders and subfolders. Very strange that a so basic fonction is missing in RM. And it's not in the last beta version 2.3.8.

Claude