Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN & spring loaded version

• Hi folks,

For simplicity sake I wanted to get an expression pedal to replace my crybaby. I figured it wouldn't hurt to go with the mission engineering's one since it's built specifically for the Kemper.

Now I have to decide between the standard and the spring loaded version.

• Are there any differences between the 2, except the fact that the spring loaded one will return in the upper position ?
    • Another question, I was wondering if it was possible to have an automatic on/off when using it as a wah. I.e I start using it, the wah turns on. When I remove my foot, the wah turns off.

Thanks a bunch!

• Hello, thanks for your reply. So the only difference between the 2 is that the spring loaded one will return to its original position ?

Is there any use for this ?

• No, not at all. I just means that with the standard pedal there is more of a risk of the pedal not being fully in the heel position and therefore not turning off. This might happen for various reasons, the user doesn't lift their foot off cleanly at the very end of the travel, the pedal is left in the heel position but the mechanism might not be tight enough and it slops forward a little, maybe it moves due to stage vibration etc. The spring would stop that happening I suppose.