Mission KP-1 Does Nothing

• I've searched and read and tried everything, but I cannot get a wah to work on my Kemper for the life of me. If would be helpful if there were a step by step vid or manual to configure the pedal (into the remote) but nothing I've found simply goes from adding wah to the stomp to the configuring of the pedal with the remote so it works. Or, so it works for me.

So I purchased a new Mission KP1. A new TRS cable. I've connected the pedal to my remote, input #5, which I think is the default wah input. I go to a rig, I add "wah wah" as stomp A. Nothing happens when I use the pedal. I go to the system menu, go to Pedal 5, its function is wah. When I move the pedal, the "bar" above it goes from nothing to full, so it seems like the pedal is doing something (I also calibrated) but there is no wah sound whatsoever. Pedal type 1 or 2 makes no difference. I don't know what else there is to do here. Obviously I am doing something wrong.

Advise would be super-duper appreciated...

Tim

Edited 2 times, last by rayneman ().

• UPDATE: I added the Wah to Stomp B, and magically, everything works just like I think it should.

Both Stomp A and Stomp B say "WWAH" on my remote.

I wish I knew why this happened, I don't like stumbling on a solution that makes no real sense.

• The stomp wah when added does not make a wah sound unless the parameters are adjusted properly. This has been the case for several years. (Unless they have changed something in recent releases). If you want a wah sound and are not proficient with making the adjustments yourself, load a wah preset (use browse knob instead of type knob). Look for a post from Monkey_Man in this forum regarding many popular wah pedal presets.

Edit: Kemper Wah Settings

• The stomp wah when added does not make a wah sound unless the parameters are adjusted properly. This has been the case for several years. (Unless they have changed something in recent releases). If you want a wah sound and are not proficient with making the adjustments yourself, load a wah preset (use browse knob instead of type knob). Look for a post from Monkey_Man in this forum regarding many popular wah pedal presets.

Edit: Kemper Wah Settings

• Thanks. I am beginning to think I need to brush up on the concepts of the Kemper. I’ve heard people refer to different wah pedals in the KPA but I only see one “wah wah” but then as you mention, I’m looking at an effect type and not a “preset.” Tomorrow I’ll use browse and hopefully that will be the missing link for me. I certainly am not efficient enough to create parameters for a wah.

• If you don’t like reading manuals, maybe YouTube video tutorials are more your thing? Check these out, lots of useful info here :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also, Tone Junkies have some useful tutorials and how to videos on the Kemper on YouTube. Good luck!