New Kemper feature to select different profiles to Left and right channels or even better Kemper VST software

• I love my Kemper especially with the Michael Britt profiles, and really appreciate the way the company looks after it's customers with free updates instead of a new rip off Kemper every two years (and really looking forward to using the new editor). The only feature I miss that all the other major players in the guitar software and hardware market has as standard is dual amps or VST software. It would be a huge improvement to have a Marshall profile in one channel and a Fender to the other for example, and use a TC Mimiq on the output (or Kemper effect), it would be perfect for live use or recording. Most Kemper owners would get a huge buzz out of running wet and dry rigs live this way especially bands with one guitarist, or solo home studio owners trying to get a feel for a rhythm track, what you think :thumbup:or:thumbdown:.

• It has been discussed many many times at length. The current hardware isn’t capable of running two profiles at once, so it would have to be on your wish list for a Kemper v2.

End of story, really.

For me, I have absolutely no want or need to run one amp on one side and one on the other with the same guitar performance. Much better to double track in the studio. In a live performance, apart from most venues running mono PAs, the only people in the audience that would appreciate the two different profiles would have to be placed equidistant from both sides, which would be a tiny fraction. In my opinion, simply not worth the effort.

• Thanks for the reply much appreciated, Kemper V2 it is then or buy another Kemper, it's the only feature on my wish list so just being greedy. I shouldn't be as I'm old enough to have bought a Tom Scholz Rockman in the 80s for a fortune (awful) and know how amazing the new tech is. I suppose I like the Helix native/Bias FX software and the flexibility but they don't sound anywhere near as good as my Kemper. Your right though most of the toys are for sound engineers, the audience doesn't care or can't hear anyway, even on recording. Cheers Bryn

• … no want or need to run one amp on one side and one on the other with the same guitar performance ...

Even without hard-panning the 2 signals and even with one performance only, you can add a LOT of "depth" to the guitar sound by using 2 (different) amps in parallel. I do this all the time with great success (and joy) … but with either real amps or 2 Profilers, of course. :)

Any Chance of a Kemper VSt software in the pipeline?

I'd bet a fortune that it won't ever happen.

• It has been discussed many many times at length. The current hardware isn’t capable of running two profiles at once, so it would have to be on your wish list for a Kemper v2.

End of story, really.

For me, I have absolutely no want or need to run one amp on one side and one on the other with the same guitar performance. Much better to double track in the studio. In a live performance, apart from most venues running mono PAs, the only people in the audience that would appreciate the two different profiles would have to be placed equidistant from both sides, which would be a tiny fraction. In my opinion, simply not worth the effort.

I agree, in studio it's better to double track. It's the small differences that makes it stereo and sound bigger than what two profiles recorded at the same time on both side would do. But when just playing it would be a cool function. And for testing which one's works best for double tracking later. But I can live without it and I won't buy a kemper 2 unless the existing one dies.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Even without hard-panning the 2 signals and even with one performance only, you can add a LOT of "depth" to the guitar sound by using 2 (different) amps in parallel. I do this all the time with great success (and joy) … but with either real amps or 2 Profilers, of course. :)

I'd bet a fortune that it won't ever happen.

Not very uncommon to blend two sounds together in studios. Many times ppl wonder what amp was used and the truth was it was two blended.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau