Cornish G-2 Pedal through Alembic F2B Preamp

• Hi ,

Got these profiled today.

Its well worth tweaking the Amp Compression, Cabinet and the Comp. pedal to get closer to Gilmours sound.

One profile is Sustain at 100% on the Pedal.....the other is 50%

I tried profiling the G-2 through the Hiwatt Head but it wouldnt let me for some reason....

Gilmour used to use one of these preamps so I guess its the next best thing...as I say ...LOT OF TWEAKING REQUIRED

Let me know your settings when you think youve gotten DG's sound nailed !!!

Enjoy,

Rob

Edited 2 times, last by Robman ().

• Robman,

Thanks for sharing and nice work. I've been chasing that Gilmour "Castellorizon" tone and although I like the rigs I've come up with in doing so and think they have a Gilmour sound... its still not that close to that particular tone after I go back and listen to the real track. I'll definitely be tweaking your rig to see if I can do better than what I was coming up before having a G2 based rig to work with.

If you've got a compressor that's not squishy and a light overdrive that you could run into that g2 I would be curious how that sounds through that Hiwatt and love it if the Kemper would let you profile that signal chain.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I tried profiling the Cornish G-2 through the Hiwatt head and Cab but I kept getting errors saying that either 1 - Amp was too loud or 2 - Amp was too quiet.... I had the same issues through the preamp but did finally get it to work.

I'll try and profile them this evening and I'll put my Boss CS-2 in front of it.

I have an old early 80's MXR Dyna Comp and an Ibanez CP-9 as used by Gilmour also.

I'll try and get those profiled as well in the overall loop.

I played in a Floyd Tribute band for a few years and also have an old Chandler Tube Driver, an 80's RATT and a couple of Muffs.Also have a Boss C2 Chorus..... I'll see what I can get profiled :)

• Profile is up............

Boss CS-2 into Cornish G2 into Hiwatt DR103 1972 inot 2x12 Hiwatt Cab 1976.......

Needs tweaking.....maybe too many pedals for the Kemper to handle..sounds similar though

Let me know what ye think :)

• I have (as a new user) also found Robman's profiles and especially the "Cornish G2 50 thru" profile does it for me. It sounds (the way it was imported into my kemper) as if it's just the pedal sound on its own (no wonder really if there's no box attached). Yet, when you choose other cabinets and tweak the EQ and the "Amp's" feautres (the preamp's and pedal's features really) there are some fantastic straight down Gilmour G2 tones at hand.

Isn't this a way of profiling pedals (in a way)? At least distortions or overdrives. All you need (it seems) is a decent preamp and the pedal of your choice. I would even try to do a profile of a pedal on it's own through the kemper (if the machine accepts that). I don't have any Cornish pedals, yet I have the toptone DG-2 and DG-1 - which are a pretty freaking copy of the original Cornish sounds. ... However, as a newbie, I will have to get further acquainted with the kemper.

Thanks for the profiles of Hiwatt-Amps! They all sound pretty damn fine. If I could have 3 wishes, I would love to hear variations of the mic-postion in front of the Fane speakers and a Hiwatt that is on the edge of breaking up (sweetspot). No Hiwatt here for me to try this with, though. Could be something for The Amp Factory?

• I have (as a new user) also found Robman's profiles and especially the "Cornish G2 50 thru" profile does it for me. It sounds (the way it was imported into my kemper) as if it's just the pedal sound on its own (no wonder really if there's no box attached). Yet, when you choose other cabinets and tweak the EQ and the "Amp's" feautres (the preamp's and pedal's features really) there are some fantastic straight down Gilmour G2 tones at hand.

Can you share your rigs?

• Yes, sure I will share the rigs - after all, it's not my profiling work but that of Rob Shanahan. However, I'll be able to do so at the weekend - too much work during the week.

• However, there's a sharing problem. I used Rob Shanahan's Amp / Pre-Amp + Cornish profile, yet I put it together with commercial Andi44 profile - so like that I wouldn't be allowed to post.

• However, there's a sharing problem. I used Rob Shanahan's Amp / Pre-Amp + Cornish profile, yet I put it together with commercial Andi44 profile - so like that I wouldn't be allowed to post.

Not a problem, I think the Copyright on a commercial Profile only last for 14 years, so you can share it in 2026. :D