S/PDIF out into UA Apollo - cab driver?

• Hi all,

I successfully got my Kemper working into my UA Apollo for recording. I have the S/PDIF set to master stereo and I get the full spread of stereo effects in the monitors, however the recorded sound is really fizzy, buzzy... it sounds more like a '90s Zoom preamp than the sound I get in my headphones or via my cab from the Kemper itself.

Forgive my ignorance- is the cab driver software enabled when using the S/PDIF? I have cab off for monitors, as I'm running into a stereo power amp that drives two cabs - however it is still enabled for FOH. I assumed it would be enabled for S/PDIF as well - but it doesn't sound like it.

I did try enabling it, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Perhaps I've overlooked something or done something wrong?

• You need to set your Apollo to receive clock from spdif ( Kemper is the master) and make sure to set the rate in the Kemper to match your Apollo 44.1, 48 etc.. I have the same setup with an Apollo X8

• So... I ensured that the clock was set correctly on the Kemper, set the Apollo to get the clock from the s/pdif and tried again.

Aside from some crackling, it sounded great.

Tried again towards the end of the day, no crackles - sounded awesome!