Prospective Owner.

• Hi all.

I'm Thomas from Dublin in Ireland.

I'll be getting a Kemper within the year. I heard about the in an interview with Matt Heafy a few weeks ago and it sounded exactly like what I needed. I've been playing guitar almost a year now and have so far been plugging into a laptop using Amplitube 4 and was wondering how I could take that to a live setting if and when the time came. It was a this time I heard of Kemper and it seems the perfect solution for someone like me who wants as little gear as possible but still have a large range.

I've a few questions in advance, none of these will affect me getting one, just curious.

- Can the PowerHead amp be plugged directly into a laptop and played straight into something like Audition, and will the amp sound come through within the DAW?

- Does your guitar and pickups affect the sound of any profile, or does the profile play the same regardless of guitar plugged in (what I'm asking really is if Kemper works like a midi which synthesizes the sound)?

- Can you switch profiles using the remote control base board if you really want to completely change the sound mid-song?

- Does it have the range for an 8-string guitar?

I might think of more or follow up questions.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for ward to getting one of these.

• - Can the PowerHead amp be plugged directly into a laptop and played straight into something like Audition, and will the amp sound come through within the DAW? You can use the "unpowered" outputs to connect to your laptop to get the full sound.

- Does your guitar and pickups affect the sound of any profile, or does the profile play the same regardless of guitar plugged in (what I'm asking really is if Kemper works like a midi which synthesizes the sound)? The Kemper works much like a tube amp, so your guitars will sound different, just as they would with a tube amp.

- Can you switch profiles using the remote control base board if you really want to completely change the sound mid-song? Yes.

- Does it have the range for an 8-string guitar? Yes, but you need appropriate monitors for low frequencies.

Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum! I've inserted answers to your questions above.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome and you will hear a big difference using a kemper compared to Amplitube. No more flat thin sound. Oh, and be prepared, using a kemper is the same as a real amp i.e. it will reveal any sloppy playing unlike ampsims.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Hey..hello. I bought by Kemper 1,5 weeks ago!!Yeah it's very very good..its killer. I have to mention a guy that he is giving free his profiles and..God...he has done the best profiles I have heard. I believe he is a madman..check him here http://www.elrenorenardo.com/jevo/. ( I hope he will continue making thick, amazing profiles..I'll pray to good)

I also wanna thanks for free very good stuff Gergo Hager.

Also I believe Kemper could go a step further with their technology and means that the last 5-10% of real killer sounding will be covered for ever.

And a big hello to everyone...

• It seems that you are not getting so many answers to your questions so here we go...

- Can the PowerHead amp be plugged directly into a laptop and played straight into something like Audition, and will the amp sound come through within the DAW?

Yes but direct audio from the outputs of the Kemper, not USB. That means to get the best from it you should have an audio interface or sound card to connect to. The Kemper itself does not work as an audio interface.

- Does your guitar and pickups affect the sound of any profile, or does the profile play the same regardless of guitar plugged in (what I'm asking really is if Kemper works like a midi which synthesizes the sound)?

The Kemper works very similar as an amp does. Of course your guitar and pickups will affect the sound. That means tone, level of saturation depending on the output of the pickups... the whole thing.

- Can you switch profiles using the remote control base board if you really want to completely change the sound mid-song?

Yes. The possibilities for switching are endless and you can change the whole rig (stomps, amp, cab, effects...) with the click of one foot switch. If you use the Remote you have 5 rigs per performance (you could simplify each performance a "song") . For each one of those 5 you have 2 morph settings (making it 10) and also control over the stomps for each one of those 5 rigs (meaning that you can activate stomps without changing rig). It´s more than enough. Endless.

- Does it have the range for an 8-string guitar?

You use profiles of real amps that are like a "picture" of the amp at a particular setting . Does the original amp has the range for an 8 string guitar?

• It seems that you are not getting so many answers to your questions so here we go...

- Etc

Thanks for detailed answers. :)

As for the question on the 8-string, I don't own an 8-string amp, or any amp (haven't got the 8 string guitar yet for that matter). I'm hoping the Kemper means I never have to buy an amp.

I guess what I'll have to do is look for a profile within the community of an 8-string amp.

• I have a question about the Kemper with the in-built amp. Does this amp produce its own sound (it doesn't seem to have a speaker)? Or why would you want an amp? Is it just so you can plug directly into a PA or speakers?

• I have a question about the Kemper with the in-built amp. Does this amp produce its own sound (it doesn't seem to have a speaker)? Or why would you want an amp? Is it just so you can plug directly into a PA or speakers?

You can connect the non powered Kemper to a PA because PA speakers are usually powered.

You can connect the non powered Kemper to a guitar cab or speaker but you need to use a power amp in the middle to feed it.

The powered Kemper can be connected to a regular guitar cab as a head amplifier without the need of the external power amplifier. So it is a more convenient solution for the people that want to use it this way.

The downside of the powered Kemper is that it's power amp is mono and not stereo like the rest of the unit is.

• Ah! Ok. So would you also be able to connect the unpowered Kemper to other powered speakers, like a TV sound bar, with the headphone socket?

Yes. But the headphone output of the Kemper is for headphones. To connect the Kemper to a powered speaker like a TV sound bar you should use the main out or monitor out .

• Yes. But the headphone output of the Kemper is for headphones. To connect the Kemper to a powered speaker like a TV sound bar you should use the main out or monitor out .

Thanks. I think you just saved me about 500 quid. And I can get it in my preferrred white (no white for powered one). I don't think I need the one with the powered amp at all.