Using the parallel path as a ‘low frequencies supplier’

• Hello,

I’d like to share my experience with people using the parallel path as a ‘low frequencies supplier’.

As we’re only 2 people in our band (drums & guitar), I try to fill the space in the low-end frequencies in order to have a powerful and rich sound in live (NB: The Kemper is plugged straight into the mixing desk).

I use the parallel path in different ways:

-         EQ to isolate the bass notes of the song + SANS AMP GT2 plugged into the loop

-         OCT down + SANS AMP GT2 plugged into the loop

-         EQ to isolate the bass notes of the song + OCT down

In most of the cases I cut/decrease the low frequencies in the ‘main path’ by starting EQing in the slot C.

Lots of combinations are conceivable, depending on the song and which sound you’re looking for. In my case I use the parallel path as a bass booster or a transposed bass sound. If I could, I’d use the SANS AMP GT2 every time to add some character, but we can use 2 slots only… I set the pedal to have a compressed deep and crunchy sound, I noticed some differences between an old and a newer version of the stomp (focusing on some frequencies reveals the differences between the 2 models). Now I use the old one :) but I think it should be better with a Bass Driver, VT Bass or others. Any suggestion?

Other people in my case with good advices? :)

Below an example. Profiles available by searching 'PAJE' in Rig Exchange.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listen to my 1st profiles and recorded performance with kemper here. On drums it's my son, only 8 years old :P

• Below an example. Profiles available by searching 'PAJE' in Rig Exchange.

Cool song, great guitar tone, and your own son rockin' on drums! :thumbup: What more could you possibly ask?? ...Maybe your wife/gf or a daughter to play the bass and supply the low freqs? 8o (In the meantime, your workaround with the parallel path seems to be a quite a good idea!)

• Hello,

Below an other example.

EQ + SansAmp GT2 through the parallel path to manage the bass frequencies.

All the guitar effects are managed via the Kemper using the morph function.

Just 1 guitar + 1 drum (played by my 10 years old son), no overdub.

Bye

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listen to my 1st profiles and recorded performance with kemper here. On drums it's my son, only 8 years old :P

Edited once, last by Supernanard ().