How to Connect an iPad or iPhone

• Hi,

Here’s my newb question of the day. Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I really don’t know what I’m doing yet. LOL! How does an iPad or iPhone get connected to the Kemper in order to play backing tracks, etc... through it? Thanks in advance

• You'll need a 1/8" stereo to two - 1/4" L/R cable.

From the manual...

Both the RETURN and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT can also be used as auxiliary inputs. You could, for instance, use this feature to mix in music from your mp3-player and play along. You will find the corresponding mix controls in the Output Section

• It worked fine for me. I used to connect my iPhone loaded with Amazing Slow Downer app at rehearsals so that I could play any section of a song we were working on at full speed or slowed down and loop it as necessary etc instead of of the old classic of having the singer try to hold their phone speaker up to and SM58 ?

LOL! I'll be using Anytune+ for slowing stuff down.

You'll need a 1/8" stereo to two - 1/4" L/R cable.

From the manual...

Both the RETURN and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT can also be used as auxiliary inputs. You could, for instance, use this feature to mix in music from your mp3-player and play along. You will find the corresponding mix controls in the Output Section

Thank you

• My BIG question has been this: Is there a way to record into an Ipad pro using Garage band out of a Kemper?? Is there an interface that could be used for this? I would love to know if anyone out there has tried this successfully or has information. Thank you in advance!

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• jestremera1

Works pretty good for me.

You will need to buy a cable like this.

https://www.amazon.com/TRS-Dua…Audio-Cable/dp/B0795VR79W

This tutorial shows how to do it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My BIG question has been this: Is there a way to record into an Ipad pro using Garage band out of a Kemper?? Is there an interface that could be used for this? I would love to know if anyone out there has tried this successfully or has information. Thank you in advance!

You'd want an interface that is "Class compliant" for an iOS device.

An example would be a Zoom Livetrak L-12.

• Perfect! Ordered! Thank you so much!!

• My BIG question has been this: Is there a way to record into an Ipad pro using Garage band out of a Kemper?? Is there an interface that could be used for this?

Yes, you will need an external USB audio interface, and a USB adapter for your iPad.

https://www.gearank.com/guides/ipad-audio-interface#14139

A similar setup like this:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.c…rett-interfaces-via-usb-c

Tutorial: Youtube "Kemper Profiler Tutorial - Output (Recording)"

Edited once, last by Syntek ().

• Thanks to all who helped me out with this. I got the cable delivered from Amazon and all I can say is that I have yet another reason to love my Kemper. OMG! I’m going to be up all night playing. I’ll feel terrible at work tomorrow but it will be worth it. :)^^:D

• Hi, is it possible through the profiler stage to jam with backing track?
    Im thinking buying it but, i don't see alternative input on it... :(

• Auxiliary Input

Die Funktion „Auxiliary Input“ erlaubt es, ein Stereo-Signal z. B. von einem MP3-Player zuzuspielen und dieses mit dem Instrument zu begleiten. In der Output-Sektion finden Sie dazu drei Soft-Regler. Mit dem einen können Sie das Aux In-Signal in die MAIN OUTPUT und den S/PDIF OUTPUT mischen. Mit dem zweiten mixen Sie es in den MONITOR OUTPUT und mit einem dritten in den HEADPHONE OUTPUT. Auf diese Weise können Sie z. B. in den HEADPHONE OUTPUT ein zusätzliches Monitor-Signal mischen, welches nicht in den MAIN OUTPUT erscheint. Der folgende Hinweis betrifft alle PROFILER-Modelle außer Stage: Falls MONITOR OUTPUT und DIRECT OUTPUT zu einem Stereo-Monitorausgang verkoppelt sind, ist auch das Aux In-Signal auf beiden Seiten in Stereo zu hören und wird mittels „Aux In >Monitor“ geregelt. Das Aux In-Signal wird von keinerlei internen Effekten beeinflusst.

• Auxiliary Input

The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an mp3-player, into your PROFILER to play along with it. In the Output Section, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with three mix controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUT as well as S/PDIF OUTPUT, and two others to feed it to the MONITOR OUTPUT and HEADPHONE output. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE output, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected.

This hint is for all PROFILER variants other than Stage: With the activation of “Monitor Stereo” MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT get paired as one logical stereo monitor output. The Aux In signal will also appear on both and its mix gets controlled via “Aux In >Monitor”. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.

You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left jack into the RETURN (RETURN 1 of PROFILER Stage) and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT (RETURN 2 of PROFILER Stage). Use the "Aux In >..." soft knobs to adjust the level.

The PROFILER Stage allows you to use Aux In along with one mono or stereo effect loop.

For all other PROFILER variants, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used while you have an Effect Loop active in your Rig, or while you are in PROFILER Mode, as the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose.

• The Problem with this method is as soon as you plug i.e guitar into the front input the kemper shuts off the aux input. No sound from mp3 player.