Conrolling Delay Mix with 1 of the 4 Remotes expression pedal inputs WITHOUT having to use or waste the Morph function.

• I so badly want and need to be able to lower and raise my delay mix without having to use the morph function. I want to save the morph for other features besides Delay mix. Is there a way to link one of the Remote's pedals to midi to be able to do this just using one of the remote pedal inputs? I saw something called pedal to midi in the Systems menu but am not sure what it means. They should just add reverb and delay Mix or both together to the pedal function options. And what is the stomp inverter switch? I cannot find it described in the manual but it is one of the options for assigning the tuner button to do something else.

Thanks

• Thank you gentleman. I honestly can't believe this design flaw would go this unnoticed. To me it would just be common sense to make these parameters independent. I also sent in a support ticket asking for this but it was completely ignored. Kind of disappointing!

• Hey jchamp,

A while back, I looked for a solution and, well I gave up. But, you may want to take up the mantle. There are expression to midi converters out there and I found one company, Source Audio that makes a midi expression pedal. I don't know anything about midi, so like I said, I gave up.

Also, be sure and check your spam for a reply from Kemper support. I've noticed many users have complained about no response, when the reply was in their spam. And that's not meant to imply that you were complaining.

If you have any luck or breakthroughs, please report back.

Be Thankful.

• I checked my spam and you were right. They did respond and told me to request it under feature requests so I reposted it there. Thanks for the information it really helped. For now I am using 2 clone delays with different mix volumes and using one effect button on the Remote to toggle between them. This obviously wastes a block unfortunately but this is the only way to free up Morphing. There aren't any in between areas on the Delay Mix though. I really hope they fix this in the future!

• jchamp just a thought: someone in another thread recently asked whether it was possible to use a MIDI controller at the same time as the Remote, and the answer was that you can. If this is the case, perhaps a solution would be to connect a separate MIDI device to control your delay mix parameter, leaving the remote free to morph other parameters.

• And what is the stomp inverter switch? I cannot find it described in the manual but it is one of the options for assigning the tuner button to do something else.

I believe the Stomp Inverter just reverses the current state of the stomp switches. So, it activates the inactive ones and deactivates the active ones, in one press.

• I checked my spam and you were right. They did respond and told me to request it under feature requests so I reposted it there. Thanks for the information it really helped. For now I am using 2 clone delays with different mix volumes and using one effect button on the Remote to toggle between them. This obviously wastes a block unfortunately but this is the only way to free up Morphing. There aren't any in between areas on the Delay Mix though. I really hope they fix this in the future!

I also requested it via the Feature Request area a while back and had various online exchanges with Burkhard but he doesn’t seem to think it would be useful or desirable. Hopefully enough people will comment to eventually show the team ow useful this would be.

• Thanks Damian. Burkhard also suggested this a while back. I know it is a work around that would work but the downsides include:

Its $150 plus shipping and import duty to get it sent to the UK.

It would require power to the front of stage and long midi cables back to the KPA. Or a long TRS cable back to device which is situated near the Toaster.

Its extra cables to set up and strip down and transport.

It isn’t integrated into the KPA so needs a little more set up to get it going than just assigning a function on the KPA. The current KPA UI is incredibly slick and easy to use and this will only get even easier when the editor comes out.

My intention is to have just my Toaster and Remote on a small board with my 4 exp pedals already set up in optimal position for my needs. Literally 1 cable to plug and go.

• Bummer - I just found this thread hoping there was an answer. It's a shame that on my Pod X3 Live, I can assign a second pedal to delay mix, but not on the Kemper which has 4 pedal options?