Seeking My Grandfather's Discography

• I'm dealing with a family death and funeral this week and had I known (I really should have known!) that my fellow Kemperites would step up to the plate to the extent that they have, I'd have held out on making the request 'til next week when I'll have more time to respond "properly" and exhaust all the avenues and rabbit holes the links provided.

Just goes to show, yet again, what an awesome community we have here. As I've often said in these here parts, a classy product begets a classy clientele. :D8o:pinch:<3

Deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Thank you, Davo. <3

Let's forget about it. Funeral tomorrow and then the tough stuff's out-of-the-way. This is about morfar (mother's father, mormor being mother's mother) after all.

Haven't heard from SAMRO yet. Hoping it can provide a list at least.

Interesting fact about the way morfar went about his writing:

When he felt he'd finished a song, he'd run it by mormor 3 times. If she couldn't sing it back to him at that point he'd simply throw it away.

I practice a similar philosophy:

I often get ideas in my sleep. If, after I wake up, I can't remember an idea a couple o' hours later, it's ditched. IMHO we songwriters need to learn to not be too-precious about our output. I mean, I literally stopped recording ideas into a dictaphone and programming basic-MIDI "skeletons" 15->20 years ago when I hit around 250 unfinished ones.

I should've ceased well before that point IMHO, 'cause once I start getting back into it again (finally), I suspect the last thing I'll feel like doing is revisiting old stuff. Let's face it, the allure of the new applies heavily when it comes to songwriting, as can the sounds one employs; it's often all about inspiration, after all. It just doesn't feel quite like the true adventure it should whilst reconstructing and embellishing old ideas... IMHO, and in most instances. YMMV, of course.