Trying to learn how to play with a octave fuzz - new tune!

• I grew up listening to a lot of records where fuzz was used on the guitar tracks. I've owned/tried a lot of fuzz boxes over the years and I could never understand how to play them and I sold them. Then late last year I started getting interested in the octave/fuzz effect. But I was reluctant getting one due to my former negative relationships with fuzz in general.

But then one day I came upon a Youtube demo of the Olsson Amps Fuzztner. I know John Olsson and he never put out anything bad and this was made in collaboration with Staffan Astner who is a real badass fuzz/octavia player so my interest was piqued. I met up with John Olsson at the FUZZ Guitar SHow in May and he lent me a Fuzztner. After trying the octave fuzz effect I realized this was my way into octavialand. And when I realized that I could disconnect the octave part of the effect and get just fuzz I tried it with no hopes. But I found the found the fuzz part to be really interesting so I bought the pedal.

As always when I get a new soundscape to visit, I write a tune so I can play the effect the way I want to and this is the tunethat came out of this. The reason I bonded with the Fuzztner is that it's very dynamic and I see it more like a synth type of sound than a guitar sound when I play and that makes a difference to me in how I approach the sound. I will definitely continue to explore this pedal!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• LOL The characteristics of the pedal forced you to leave Larry Carlton Land™ and head tippy-toe-slightly into '70s Tommy Bolin territory, Mats. :D Well, there's an element of that psychedelic mood in there in parts anyway. Funny how changing a sound leads to these things, and as you'd know, the phenomenon is especially-obvious when it comes to synthesisers.

Glad you're having fun with it, mate.

• LOL The characteristics of the pedal forced you to leave Larry Carlton Land™ and head tippy-toe-slightly into '70s Tommy Bolin territory, Mats. :D

I was thinking about how you would react to this tune as I was recording it and if you could hear any LC in it. Ha,ha!

Cheers,

Mats N

• This sounds really nice! Now we need the settings and profile for the Kemper to get this sound!

Thanks, RV!

Fuzztner settings:

Level 2 o'clock

Tone 10 o'clock

Fuzz 1 o'clock

Same settings for Fuzz and Octave.

Profile is my new go-to clean pedal platform rig based on an amp in the Black Goop Sessions.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I was thinking about how you would react to this tune as I was recording it and if you could hear any LC in it. Ha,ha!

Cheers,

Mats N

LOL No, I thought I'd let you off the hook this time, Mats; it's very-well-hidden, the little that is there, mate. ;):D