Power Cable Effects

• Hi guys!

I tested whether the power cable affects the sound of the Kemper.

I changed only the power cable and reamplified it. (SPDIF Connected)

I used a normal cable and Oyaide L/i50 G5.

The impression I got from the recording was that it has a slightly more treble than the normal cable and,

when I connected it to the H&K Triamp mk2 power amp in the studio, I could feel the difference more clearly than the recording.

I felt that the change was a little close to that of tube amplifiers.

I didn't expect the power cable to affect Kemper.=O

It doesn’t mean that expensive power cables are better.

However, it may be too early to tell kemper that the power cable has no effect without trying it out yourself.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read because I used a translation software.

Thank you for reading!!^^

• Did you lay the Oyaide L/i50 G5 cable in exactly the same position / path that the standard cable used?

I'll try to make it clear because of the language barrier:

When you swapped cables, did you follow exactly the same route the standard cable took to the KPA?

I'm asking this because depending on where you put the cables, one path / route could be exposed to more EM & RF interference. This could theoretically explain the more-jagged / bumpy / spikey / rough look one of the frequency plots has. These "spikey" peaks would be heard as "more treble".

Sorry that's all I can think of for now, mate. :/

• Thank you for your reply.:)

I cannot have the exact same route because the cable lengths are different.
    I tried to reamp the same route as much as possible.

I think you're right.
    I was surprised that the condition of the cable changed so much.

3 and 4 are photographed.

5 and 6 are the cables lifted to avoid touching the floor.

• Looks to me like it made a difference, so interference might well have had something to do with it. The smaller difference we see now must therefore be due to the cables themselves.

Can you still hear a difference, and if so, is this difference less than it was before?

EDIT:

This should not be happening, BTW. I said earlier, "theoretically", but even that's a stretch (long shot).

I wonder if this interference is entering the system via your reamping or guitar lead/s as that's a far-likelier and more-believable scenario.

• I put ferrite cores on all my power cables and all my digital cables. The main power cable going to my Furman power conditioner is a high end $150 power cable, but from the Furman amd on to every rackmount I am using cheap cables because I have yet to find a high end C13 type plug. There are a few high end cables that have high end wall socket plugs and a high end C14 plug at the end, but in my search I didn't find any C13 plugs that are made to the same specs. So in other words, no C13 to C14 high end cables are available anywhere that I can find.

I am now wondering how much my high end cable really matters, and also, if putting ferrite coreson every power cable is somehow affecting my high end. Nice experiment.

• >Monkey_Man

Thanks to your reply, I was able to acquire new knowledge.

Can you still hear a difference, and if so, is this difference less than it was before?

- Yes. I could hear the difference and the difference felt slightly smaller than before.
    If it's not my imagination:/

Thanks a lot.