Any recommendations on profiling axe fx iii?

• hi! I am a Kemper fanboy but I do like being able to create sounds on my axe fx iii. I have a great Diezel vh4 sound that I'd like to put on the Kemper, but wondering what's the best way to get an accurate profile? I assume guitar to Kemper input, direct send to axe fx, output axe fx to Kemper return.....do I have my dxr10 on and at stage volume? anything else I should do?

thanks!

• I assume guitar to Kemper input, direct send to axe fx, output axe fx to Kemper return

like this ^

make sure there are no effects active on the axe fx and that no additional compression is applied.

like the manual states:

"You can PROFILE solid-state amps, as well as software modeling amps, although the results from PROFILING modeled amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t necessarily match the analog reality."

• I assume guitar to Kemper input, direct send to axe fx, output axe fx to Kemper return.....do I have my dxr10 on and at stage volume?

If you have the Axe preset as you like it there is no need to use the Yamaha. You can do this by using some good headphones and it will keep it silent. Refine the profile and listen through the headphones (Kemper). For profiling the Axe, Helix or amp into an IR there is no benefit for using an FRFR at loud volumes if your presets are already good. This works out lovely and takes the noise level out of the equation so you can do it into the evening without keeping everyone awake with spaceship noises.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: