Kemper Newbie. Need some help on setting up a powered 600w through a 4x12 Cab

• My apologies if this has been addresses before but I could not quite find the answers I was looking for.

So I just purchased a 600W Kemper primarily for the variety of Marshall Amps I can use with it. I would like to connect this through a Carvin 4x12 Cab I have that uses Vintage 30's for Speakers. I already know you need to disable the cabinet button when connected to a real cabinet. I plugged it into the speaker cabinet with the cable going to the monitor output but I'm not sure if that is the right output connection I should be using from the back of the amp. This has a lot more connection outputs than any amp I've owned before. Also I would like to know if there are any additional things I should do to improve how it sounds through a real guitar cabinet? I went to the output button and selected Live W Guitar Cab. Is there anything else I should do or be careful not to do? I have already purchased the Brown Sound and AFD100 profiles so I'm very excited to hear how these sound through the cabinet when set up properly. I appreciate any tips and apologize in advance for having such a basic question about which output the speaker cab should go to.

• Connect the Red Poweramp output to your Marshall cabinet, not the Monitor output.

Selecting "Live W Guitar Cab" turns off all the Kemper Cabinets in the Poweramp and Monitor Outputs, so you will not have to turn the Kemper Cabinet off in any of the individual Rigs. The Kemper Cabinets will still be active in the Main Outputs, so you can use them for recording or to send a signal to the PA system.

• Greatly appreciated. So on mine I don't see a speaker output marked in red. The seller on reverb said it was 600w powered version but unless they sent me the wrong thing it is not. Contemplating returning it and getting a powered one. I do have a mackie powered mixer and a marshall 6100 I can use to test this out. To do that properly would I just connect it form the left main out on the kemper to the return on the effects loops then to the Marshall 6100 speaker input out to the cab and ensure the amp is sitting on the clean channel with a flat eq?

On a side note do you have any opinion or feedback to offer it the powered kemper sounds better than say an unpowered kemper with a Matrix GT800FX or similar? So far I'm excited by what I've heard just with headphones but now I have to rethink my plans vs what I though was being shipped to me so I appreciate the recommendations.

• On a side note do you have any opinion or feedback to offer it the powered kemper sounds better than say an unpowered kemper with a Matrix GT800FX or similar?

This will be subjective. You can use many options that will probably work for you. The benefit of the powered Kemper is that you carry one item and it contains both. If you are dead set on having the powered amp into an actual cabinet I would have the buyer fix the situation. The all in one is tough to beat if that is your desired setup.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• If the seller has sold you something that is not as advertised i would suggest speaking to him about a partial refund or return, but again that also depends on the price in your country that the unpowered kempers go for, and what you actually paid for the unit, as to whether it was a good deal for a used unpowered kemper anyway?? good luck, i have a powered kemper head fed into a zilla 2x12 cab and it sounds great. Its all in the set up but its the best gear decision you ever made!!

• On a side note do you have any opinion or feedback to offer it the powered kemper sounds better than say an unpowered kemper with a Matrix GT800FX or similar? So far I'm excited by what I've heard just with headphones but now I have to rethink my plans vs what I though was being shipped to me so I appreciate the recommendations.

Both are solid state and designed to be transparent. There is very little difference sound wise. The main advantage of the matrix is stereo....but for me Stereo is of no benefit.

I'd highly recommend the powered version as its less faff ( leads, another peice of gear etc.) so get you money back or compensation.

If youa re going to gig with it, also suggest at some point to look at FRFR...

• All good suggestions. I am going to refund it for a powered version. Thank you

I have the powered profiler. It's amazing through 412's. I have also integrated an FRFR into the setup for my monitor needs in front. Being between the two when playing is awesome. Good luck.

• Turn on and use main outs for FRFR.

You can use the volume knob for monitor out and set cab off in the monitor allowing you to use both FRFR and a power amp with regular speaker cab via monitor out and control that overall volume with the volume knob on the Kemper. Works very well.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Turn on and use main outs for FRFR.

You can use the volume knob for monitor out and set cab off in the monitor allowing you to use both FRFR and a power amp with regular speaker cab via monitor out and control that overall volume with the volume knob on the Kemper. Works very well.

I actually use a passive FRFR speaker so that my main outs are used for FOH.

TLMJ777 lots of options dude!