Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Anyone crying about an editor is a joke. Sorry but not sorry. Getting old. Use some common sense about the release timing, now saying that, if you can't edit a good sound by now on the unit without an editor, quit playing guitar and take up knitting.

• Seems that there is no Ethernet for a second remote. I am wondering why this feature is missing, if it's true and the integration is not implemented different.

I was still hoping that Kemper would extend Ethernet capabilities or at least leave the option by adding the (yet unfunctional) HW Ethernet interface. So many cool things out there to do.

• My belief on the editor is that it’s imminent.

The editor will need the new OS that gives browsing enhancements on the unit / easier editing on the unit. I don’t think Kemper would release the new Stage hardware with old OS on there that makes editing on the unit no better than we have now - no one knew the Stage was coming out so no reason to release it until it’s 100% ready. So logic says it’s got the new OS on there so therefore the new OS must be ready. If the new OS is ready, the editor is possible. If it’s basically a Toaster and floorboard combined with extra I/O then it makes sense to have a common OS level between it and our existing products.

So I recon the new OS for existing products plus editor is going to be out very soon. Hopefully coinciding with the floorboard but we’ll see. If true, that’s excellent as the folks wanting new hardware for stage use are happy, the people who twiddle knobs on the unit and don’t need an editor will be happy as it’ll be easier and the guys who want an editor will be happy.

Forums will be empty :)

• What? A built in expression pedal is a deal break for you? Seriously?

Its a deal breaker for me. I WONT buy a floor unit that does have a build in Exp pedal.

Kemper did the right thing not including one for many reasons; size, weight, reliability and flexibility (you can add an exp pedal but you can’t remove one) are a few of them.

• i just love all this speculation and "what ifs" Best reading i've found in ages!

I bet Kemper find it hard not to chip in and correct any wrong assumptions here or perhaps they sit back and enjoy the amusement of all the rumours, like i do. Certainly the mystique and hype is drawing attention to the product, so something is working.

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to finding out more about this thing but i can wait.

i only wonder if they have fixed the tap-tempo flashing LED?8)

• Making it cheaper than the existing products makes no sense in several ways. Not the least of which is a $700 price difference between the floor and Rack/Toaster + Remote.

I for one will be all kinds of pissed if that number is anywhere near true.

I truly don’t believe that number.

unless the price for the old unit decreases too??

• I bet Kemper find it hard not to chip in and correct any wrong assumptions here or perhaps they sit back and enjoy the amusement of all the rumours...

I'd say they'd be getting a laugh out of it over multiple coffees, mate.

Excellent strategy to plant a seed in the wild (the interwebs) and let nature take its course:

• My guess is, that the unit is about:

- 46cm wide

- 29cm deep

- 6.5cm in height (switches are 15mm in height also)

That is quite big. There's also a picture on gearnews of a dude carrying the unit.

Happy for those who absolutely wanted a floor unit, even though I don't see the point except for competing with Fractal and Helix. Personally, I use my Kemper at home and at small gigs and I'm very happy with the Kemper sitting on my desk and my remote at my feet (at home and on stage).

It is clear that this is a pure adaptation of a product to what part of the market wants. Hardware does look exactly the same. The unit's screen is still very old school in comparison to directly competing units.

I hope that this will generate loads of cash so they can invest that in R&D for a Kemper mkii (with dual profile capacity, a nice fancy hd / retina screen showing me exactly how I eq'd my amp, 4 parallel and serial paths, at least 16 stomp / effect slots, and many more fancy stuff).

More seriously though, I'd love a real Kemper mkii, but I'm already more than happy with what I have now.

• Im both pumped for the new device and a bit disappointed in it at the same time.

Pumped, because i have long pined for an integrated floor device to save me both a bit of gear to Lug around, and setup-time on stage. Disappointed because i was hoping for it to be a profile loader only (because of price, obviously), and for it to have an integrated expression pedal, which makes absolute sense for me on a floor unit such as this. I for one absolutely need one, at least.

My knee-jerk reaction was to get this the very instant that it is released, my second thought is a bit more like "let's wait first and see if i REALLY need this", because as it stands, shelling out around 1500,- just for some convenience is a bit though to justify.

If i were a first time buyer though, having the Option to get this one instead of head/remote combination, for my purposes it would probably be a no brainer.

• My knee-jerk reaction was to get this the very instant that it is released, my second thought is a bit more like "let's wait first and see if i REALLY need this", because as it stands, shelling out around 1500,- just for some convenience is a bit though to justify.

As I already wrote in the German subforum, for me it would be a no-brainer if it was <1k€ new, meaning around 750€ used (after some time). Even if I would have no benefit out of this, I would consider it out of lazyness and as a backup during the gig.

I thought about it for my setup as following (this is based on rumours and teasers only, so let's wait with a final evaluation).

Cables on stage (for my setup):

Status Quo:

1x Guitar to Kemper (long cable)

1x Stereo IEM (multicored with guitar cable)

1x Ethernet from Remote to Kemper

(1x FX-Pedal to Remote)

This makes 2 cables from stage to backline.

w/ Kemper "Stage":

1x Guitar to Kemper Stage

2x Main Out to Mixer

1x Stereo IEM (not multicored anymore)

(1x FX-Pedal to Kemper "Stage")

1x Power to Kemper "Stage"

This makes 4 cables from stage to backline.

+ Just 1 unit to carry

o Too big to fit into guitar bag, so no advantage compared to the Toaster / Rack (you need to carry it separately)

- Takes more space on stage

- Needs more cables on stage

- No sound if Kemper "Stage" breaks (drinks, singer's high-heels, you name it) compared to Remote

- Easier to steal between soundcheck and gig compared to rack-unit (yes, I know, but ...)

Maybe I will try it out - but for my particular use-cases, disadvantages may come more into play than expected.

However, I totally understand and like the concept. For rental equipment and flight gigs this is awesome!

• If that's the case, used prices will stay stable for the toaster and the rack I guess.

P.S. The article contains the following:

"Der beleuchtete, Sonnenlicht-sichere Bildschirm, der sich immer den Lichtverhältnissen anpasst, wurde entwickelt um aus jeder Distanz und unter allen möglichen Lichtverhältnissen gut lesbar zu sein."

This means, that the currently unused (?) LED on the "Remote" could be used now to adapt lightning on the remote. Maybe this feature has been developed with the "Stage" and now also comes into the "Remote" with the new SW update.

P.P.S.

It also contains:

Der PROFILER Stage™ verfügt über fest zugewiesene Stereo Monitor-Outputs um entweder zwei Fullrange Boxen oder Standard Gitarren Cabinets zu betreiben - natürlich unabhängig vom Fullrange Main Out.

Which could mean, that there's a powered monitor output for driving "standard guitar cabinets". However, this is no official press release, so it's maybe rather unlikely, especially without any impedance values being printed on the back.

Edited once, last by fourstrk ().

• If that's the case, used prices will stay stable for the toaster and the rack I guess.

Not sure, at this price point, who will be buying the head instad of the stage version where the remote is already included? I think we could see some price changes for the existing products.