Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• I think it will be much more expensive then $999. Unfortunatly

A Profiler and remote combined that would be nearly less than half the cost of a Profiler alone?

Even if it doesn’t Profile, something I find extremely unlikely, I’d be *pissed* at how much I paid for a Toaster & Remote.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• i don't care, i want my Kabinet and the new editor now :D

i've never liked all in one floorboards where you have to bend over to twiddle with knobs, i have enough back and eye problems as it is. If i was Kemper i also wouldn't make it cheaper than the Profiler, Kemper have such a unique thing going that i wouldn't see the point of pricing it low. My guess would be it will be the same price as the non-powered toaster and it won't profile, so you get a floor unit for live use for less than a toaster with remote. With an FR cab it'll be around 2 grand which is still a hell of a deal since for that money you barely get a half-decent tube amp and a couple of pedals.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• What about our backs, bending down to tweak a floor unit!

Wouldn't it be cool if you could use a toaster or rack unit as a control interface for the floor unit? Through the ethernet\remote connector? That would be a seriously expensive control surface, but not if you already have one.

Perhaps the floor unit will be meant to be part of an overall ecosystem, with interaction with a current unit in clever innovative ways.

Oh, and I bet the floor unit is the reason that the editor has been delayed so long. The editor is required for a floor unit as nobody will want to bend down constantly to use the onboard UI. I bet they probably had the editor for the toaster\rack units completed months ago, but had to complete the floor unit integration before release.

• Wouldn't it be cool if you could use a toaster or rack unit as a control interface for the floor unit? Through the ethernet\remote connector? That would be a seriously expensive control surface, but not if you already have one.

Perhaps the floor unit will be meant to be part of an overall ecosystem, with interaction with a current unit in clever innovative ways.

Oh, and I bet the floor unit is the reason that the editor has been delayed so long. The editor is required for a floor unit as nobody will want to bend down constantly to use the onboard UI. I bet they probably had the editor for the toaster\rack units completed months ago, but had to complete the floor unit integration before release.

This should be possible with UI to MIDI feature.

• Wouldn't it be cool if you could use a toaster or rack unit as a control interface for the floor unit? Through the ethernet\remote connector? That would be a seriously expensive control surface, but not if you already have one.

Hopefully the editor has been debugged to the moon and back as a result. Not like so much Line6 stuff that often barely works at first (or ever).

That’s not fanboy talk....I’ve had some of their stuff dating back to Pod 2.0. The software almost universally *sucks*.

Helix? Hope it’s better, but that’s not saying a lot.

• I wouldn't expect this to be cheaper than a non-powered KPA toaster/rack.

A Profiler and remote combined that would be nearly less than half the cost of a Profiler alone?

Even if it doesn’t Profile, something I find extremely unlikely, I’d be *pissed* at how much I paid for a Toaster & Remote.

Yep, just what I had been thinking. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks that are expecting this to be set to compete with the Helix but I don't. There are a number of business models to follow; sell low/sell lots is a valid one but it is not what Kemper have shown a tendency to do. Just because more Helixes are sold doesn't mean they are better, nor is there more profit. A smaller company can often do better by selling less at a greater price. And when I say better, I'm factoring in the wages and working conditions of every employee too.

If the Stage Profiler (or whatever it's called) is set dramatically cheaper than a Profiling Amp but only plays profiles, there may well be lot sold. But equally, lots of used Profiling Amps will end up being sold second hand. That's not only going to have a big impact on the used value it's also going to hit the sale of brand new items. So whilst potential first time buyers might win, Kemper will take a hit on their flagship models sales.

With a growing share users buying a considerably cheaper product, relying on commercial and free profiles on RigManager, I'm sure some people are going to be upset. Of course, a large percentage of users buy a Profiling Amp and never profile anything, let alone share them free but at least they've paid the same as everyone else; unlike someone buying a cheap ticket to the game but still getting the same seats.

Whatever our hopes are, the price will be set for the best interests of Kemper Gmbh, not us. And I'm fine with that; long may she reign.

• I am still new to the Kemper party and so glad I joined the Kemperfide folks with my Powered Profiler in March. BUT, I will say that if this is powered as well, I will be miffed that I didn't wait a little longer for a full floor unit. I love my powered toaster but it would of have been great to have an all in one pedalboard. I don't see myself selling my profiler at all all, but I do see myself getting this new "Stage" one to simplify playing. Especially if it comes with a built in expression/wah pedal. Hoping to know what's up soon.

• I am still new to the Kemper party and so glad I joined the Kemperfide folks with my Powered Profiler in March. BUT, I will say that if this is powered as well, I will be miffed that I didn't wait a little longer for a full floor unit. I love my powered toaster but it would of have been great to have an all in one pedalboard. I don't see myself selling my profiler at all all, but I do see myself getting this new "Stage" one to simplify playing. Especially if it comes with a built in expression/wah pedal. Hoping to know what's up soon.

Pretty sure you’re safe. I’m not aware of a powered floor version of anything. Yet.

• There appears to be some setting on that cart and shelf. 12 small switches (like the Remote) and then too blurry for the top side and interface. I expect to see another teaser late tonight or tomorrow with it on the floor and then being used before the 24th...

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: