Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Kemper do listen and deliver... i am happy with my toaster so may not buy one but i can see huge market openings for Kemper and that feels great as a Kemper owner... Means we most likely will keep feceiving excellent support and updates for Kemper instead of having to buy a newer version every year :)

• Indeed this seems like a very "traditional" floorboard concept and maybe some of us(me for sure) expected something more innovative.

Anyway..I am happy that a lot of customers from the "digital modeller pool" will get this and not something from the competition.Good for Kemper.

I will stay with the toaster/remote for live gigs,jams and rehearsals...No way I would put a 1600€ tool on the floor of a shabby night club.

Agree- but sadly I reckon the Head and remote setup are doomed and will soon become worthless.

Why on earth would anyone pay more than this for a toaster now?....Hope they dont have loads on the shelf

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• Agree- but sadly I reckon the Head and remote setup are doomed and will soon become worthless.

I don't think so. For desk (studio, home) use as well as for quick reamping the Toaster is way easier to set up. Furthermore, if you use wireless etc. it is way faster and more reliably to set up if everything is pre-wired in a rack. I think it has two different target groups which justifies it.

• Wow this is only 10.5 lbs? That hard to believe given that the remote by itself was about 7 pounds. So this is about the same length as the AX8 (i.e. top to bottom), about 2.5" wider (which is wider than the remote, which is a bit disappointing), but 1.5 lbs LIGHTER than the AX8. Not terrible, but I wish it was less wide.

• We have to congratulate Mr Kemper. This time he delivered it before any roadmap announcement, just a surprise.

I wonder if this week we will have another surprises: editor, new drives/fuzz, Kone, etc.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• To stay with the differences :

- 2 effects loops

- a stereo monitor output

- The profiling feature ??? Gone ???

Furthermore, there is a new official Kemper stage overview video :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interresting stuffs :

- Overview of the new preset management :

- Use of USB2 :

-> manages Rig, performances AND PRESETS

• Look at a picture of the side, the shape makes it very hard to accidently press one of these softbuttons. ;)

And I don't mean this ;) It's that they are exposed to more dirt coming from shoes, boots and so on. I would have separated the editing part more from the stomp on it part, just for safety. But these are my little 2 cents on this. The design of those multiple "steps" is really nice, like this a lot.

• I don't think so. For desk (studio, home) use as well as for quick reamping the Toaster is way easier to set up. Furthermore, if you use wireless etc. it is way faster and more reliably to set up if everything is pre-wired in a rack. I think it has two different target groups which justifies it.

They could help keep the toaster/rack sales going by reducing the price of the remote. That would help.

• I just got a marketing email from Andertons with the Stage on it.

This has been a good social media buzz campaign well done and it’s great that they had partners such as Andertons who could keep quiet despite obviously having known this for a while.

I keep checking this site excitedly for editor / new OS details as I am hopeful that these too are close :)

• But, what's really, really, really freaking damn amazing is... that you can set the ground lift from the menu. It's so awesome to have ground lifts for everything but that they are at the back of the toaster is sometimes a pain in the a** when you have built a rack around it.

• But, what's really, really, really freaking damn amazing is... that you can set the ground lift from the menu. It's so awesome to have ground lifts for everything but that they are at the back of the toaster is sometimes a pain in the a** when you have built a rack around it.

Relais ftw! 8)

• Agree- but sadly I reckon the Head and remote setup are doomed and will soon become worthless.

Why on earth would anyone pay more than this for a toaster now?....Hope they dont have loads on the shelf

Simple. I refuse to bend over and tweak. I also don’t want the added real estate at my feet. Some stages barely accommodate the Remote. Then add a favorite drive or other pedal. Nope.

I also like having the controls in a head configuration. Having used several ‘floor’ type units, I don’t care for reaching down every time.

Before you say ‘editor’.....don’t. I prefer the tactile feel and *not* requiring a computer.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yep.. That's what I see happening. Which will make perfect sense. I held off on the remote because I felt it was a bit overpriced when I was already using midi on my HX Effects to control what I needed with powered unit. If they drop the remote price to half. It will be balanced for all units.

They could help keep the toaster/rack sales going by reducing the price of the remote. That would help.

I don’t see it this way at all. However, I think the price of the Head/Rack/remote could be reduced shortly.

I don’t have the sales data but it appears that Kemper’s main market is touring bands and shows. They typically seem to have 4 - 8 Rack KPA in flight cases for the full band plus backups for everything as they can’t afford a show to be ruined by an amp going down. These customers aren’t going to want to carry 8 Stage’s then have a tech run out front to unplug a Stage replace it with a new one re cable everything and get the old one off stage again. They are still going to want to have multiple live units running and a single button instant switchover configured for emergencies.

Even without the emergency switchover. One or two wheeled flightcases is much more convenient and robust than a bunch of floor boards.

I think Kemper have shown that they really understand their niche target market. I am sure this will appeal to many players and widen their market appeal into new areas but I can’t see their core target deserting the current format.

• I just got a marketing email from Andertons with the Stage on it.

This has been a good social media buzz campaign well done and it’s great that they had partners such as Andertons who could keep quiet despite obviously having known this for a while.

I keep checking this site excitedly for editor / new OS details as I am hopeful that these too are close :)

The Kemper Profiler Stage has a new OS running on it; the new preset UI can be seen on the tutorial video Syntek posted above, just after the 11 minute mark.

We could therefore infer that a new version of the OS for the existing units is also close.

I would expect the OS version being shipped with the floor units to be a proper release (i.e. non-beta), so it's surprising that we havent seen any betas for 7.0 yet (if indeed it is just around the corner).