Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• wrong

the old units cannot be slaved from another digital clock

the new kemper stage is different in that regard

in fact, in order to accommodate other sampling rates on the old units, all they did was to convert it but the resolution is still 44.1KHz

Let me say that i've tracked some PCB and there is external clock generator that can retain clock from spdif . This clock can be used to clock audio codec and DSP.

Can FW update can change source of clock or if there is a technical problem to change it - I do not know.

• :wacko:

Then buy a helix and stop whining please. You knew what you bought (at least you should) and Kemper gave us so many free updates in the past, you have no reason to be pissed. Compare it with a car, you buy it and afterwards you complain that the company is not putting in the stuff you want after you bought it. Really?

The sound of the kemper is superior to the helix

i want a NEW kemper with DUAL AMP capability and better digital i/o's

i think this is totally legit coming from an user that is been using kemper since 2011

it's been 8 years!

technology evolves

i want a NEW kemper

not the same old thing cosmetically re-designed

maybe i'm old school but in the past users used to demand and request their needs

i don't take paternalist dictations from corporations

the clear example is Apple and why i personally moved to windows

that was a hard decision for me to take

but it's clear that they don't listen to their professional users

only consumers, fanboys and girls..

the reality is that we could have a NEW kemper with dual amp capability, better digital I/O's, and audio interface at the same price

but hey, everyone is owner of it's own money

so follow your religious mind and just buy two kempers!

• Buy a 1U rack drawer and put the Kemper Stage on. You can even pull it out and tweak it if necessary. :)

• From what i know slave is possible hardwarewise in rack and toaster.

Let me say that i've tracked some PCB and there is external clock generator that can retain clock from spdif . This clock can be used to clock audio codec and DSP.

Can FW update can change source of clock or if there is a technical problem to change it - I do not know.

Seeking a definitive answer on this, I created this thread last year, Damian:

[Solved] Slave to Audio Clock (S/PDIF)

Christoph himself kindly confirmed that hardware restrictions made it impossible:

Here

• Seeking a definitive answer on this, I created this thread last year, Damian:

[Solved] Slave to Audio Clock (S/PDIF)

Christoph himself kindly confirmed that hardware restrictions made it impossible:

Here

I have not seen this before. It is a pity :( . There may have been some problems with the implementation of the slave mode. I do not think CK would take this mode into account when designing the device.

• Im not a religious mind and no fanboy, attacking on a personal level just shows you have no valid points. You complain about things that have never been promised by Kemper. There is a thread for feature request but you prefer to act like a spoiled baby in this one here cause you didn't get the toy you wanted. The floor version of the Kemper is something that a lot of people were hoping for.

• I think you're just bored with it after so many years and want a new toy. Do you regularly have people say your guitar tone isn't good enough or that your tone would be awesome if only you had dual amp simulation?

• Im not a religious mind and no fanboy, attacking on a personal level just shows you have no valid points. You complain about things that have never been promised by Kemper. There is a thread for feature request but you prefer to act like a spoiled baby in this one here cause you didn't get the toy you wanted. The floor version of the Kemper is something that a lot of people were hoping for.

the floor version of the kemper was demanded by manymany users for manymany years

a thing as you said, 'it was never promised by Kemper'

so don't credit the company only for it mate

a clear example that we as users we should demand and it's totally legit

so no need for censorship here..

it's clear that we have different mentality on this

as well as different needs

if you defend corporations that is your call

i don't get endorsements or sponsorship from them

so i think i should be free to express my demands as a user here?

constructive criticism is sometimes healthy in this day and age believe me

apologies if you got offended by my comment

i didn't mean to refer to anyone personally but more as a general criticism on how business is driven today (marketing rules unfortunately)

so my intention was to comment about current business models from other paternalist companies today as examples of their mass fellowship religious clients..

something i don't want to see happening with this company

and just to clarify:

I STILL WANT A DUAL AMP KEMPER TO BE RELEASED!!

RACK FORMAT PLEASE 8)

Peace & RnR!

• I think you're just bored with it after so many years and want a new toy. Do you regularly have people say your guitar tone isn't good enough or that your tone would be awesome if only you had dual amp simulation?

far from that..

i'm so 'bored' with my kemper that i want TWO!!

i will never depart from this box..

but yes, i've been waiting to get a NEW DUAL amp kemper with better digital I/O's and USB Audio interface for years..

Different needs mate

different needs

Cheers

• For those who have not seen this -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i ask myself if we will got a new OS tomorrow ?

If not we have two diff Versions, cause as i see it in the Videos, Stage has the new OS

were you have the new FX sorting Columns

From G String (An admin) yesterday in the Rig Manager 3.0 thread:

"you overinterpret here.

before this entire discussion drags on and on, let me fill everybody in on a couple of details. the majority of our engineers is on holiday right now. we've hoped to get things done before the holiday season started but as you can see, we didn't manage. at the same time, we don't want to release a beta version of something as big as the Rig Manager Editor and have no engineers at our disposal. i'm sure you'll understand that. so, when everybody is back, we'll finish things up and you'll get a beta. until then, enjoy the summer, enjoy your guitar. it's the most beautiful time of the year ..."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Chill dude. The dual amp with the profiling technology would result in a lot of headaches. Do you know anything about phase linearity? Forget the dual amps, record 2 tracks :) or profile the 2 amps at once. There you have it. TADAAA!

• Allow me to answer:

Yes to all your questions.

There’s already a comprehensive tutorial available about the Kemper Stage.

Assignment to the volume knob works the same as on the rack and toaster.

• Allow me to answer:

Thank you. I was fairly certain that question 1 would be yes.

Question 2 and 3 are not really covered in youtube you were talking about, right?

• Allow me to answer:

I mean not just a single slot, but the entire stomp section. I use that quite a lot. Also lock the entire section with a single touch of a button