Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• the STAGE does not offer the ability to select a complete stomp or effect section and lock it. You need to apply the lock for each module separately.

could we send the stomp section paths separately and independently through each of their respective Stereo FX Outputs?

Or just the global Stereo FX output chained in series (not parallel)?

thanks

• So the Kemper Stage is delivered without an editor right from the start :| Really? New customers would have to learn how to work with Rig Manager and later (5-8 weeks?) switch to the new RM Editor?

Nope.

From G String (An admin) yesterday in the Rig Manager 3.0 thread:

"you overinterpret here.

before this entire discussion drags on and on, let me fill everybody in on a couple of details. the majority of our engineers is on holiday right now. we've hoped to get things done before the holiday season started but as you can see, we didn't manage. at the same time, we don't want to release a beta version of something as big as the Rig Manager Editor and have no engineers at our disposal. i'm sure you'll understand that. so, when everybody is back, we'll finish things up and you'll get a beta. until then, enjoy the summer, enjoy your guitar. it's the most beautiful time of the year ..."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• you would be amazed how difficult is to make a competent audio driver in this day and age

i'm not talking about class compliant usb..

do you know about another famous German company called RME?

If Kemper is able to bring a usb 2.0 driver for their devices as good as RME then they would make my day too! :*

• that's not true. but you cannot know since you've only have seen a couple of photos and you simply don't know what's being used inside hardware wise. also, the Profiler was a continuous software development since it's first release 7 years ago. there were countless features updates. don't forget that. these days, the real value is in the software. and that's good for you because otherwise you'd have a legitimate reason to call it 7 years old tech.

True, I don't know what's going on inside based on all in the info provided. The core of my point was the functionality mirroring the head/rack with some minute differences. Of course software upgrades are valuable, but that's a different matter. I wasn't suggesting the KPA is unchanged since 2012, only that its hardware limitations remain the same.

• anyway, why not DUAL AMPS??

Talking about dual amping or parallel effects routing. We have a unique feature set that is relating to the serial signal flow as it is. That is „condition-free spillover“ of the DLY and REV module, individual output sources such as Stack, Mod, Dly&Rev wet - and especially MonitorCabOff, to switch off the cabinet solely for the Monitor Output and run a real guitar speaker through the power amp. Those features can be set globally, without tweaking every individual rig.

We know that a very large part of our customers utilize and enjoy these features. With dual amping or parallel effects routing those features are not possible, because there would be no determined points in the signal flow any more.

What do you think?

CK

• I am late to the party. Does anyone know if there are any real functional differences between Profiler Stage and the existing Toaster (or rack for that matter) we should know about? I don't really need a floor unit so unless there is something really different I am not sure I need to pay attention or not if that makes sense? Thanks in advance.

• Also, how does it profile? I don't see a direct out or mic return. Perhaps you need to internally change the I/O, but the 30 min video & the Quick Start guide on the site doesn't touch on it. The video also said there were 2 modes, Browse and Performance. The Stage page does say you can create profiles and earlier in this thread the admins said it was a "fully functioning Profiler".

Would like to know if this is possible or a limitation of the Stage because it hasn't been touched on.

• Also, how does it profile? I don't see a direct out or mic return. Perhaps you need to internally change the I/O, but the 30 min video & the Quick Start guide on the site doesn't touch on it. The video also said there were 2 modes, Browse and Performance. The Stage page does say you can create profiles and earlier in this thread the admins said it was a "fully functioning Profiler".

Would like to know if this is possible or a limitation of the Stage because it hasn't been touched on.

The XLR input has never been the only input for profiling. The TRS return input is in parallel to the XLR on Head and Rack. On the Stage we have the TRS only, but same functionality.

The Profiler mode is the third mode which is activated by pressing the Browser and Perform buttons simultaneously. In Profiler mode the TRS input 1 is used to connect the microphone or DI box line signal.

• Simple.

A decade ago, you would need to buy 2 amps to achieve this.

Today….well…..you still need 2 amps…..or......get a second Kemper……;););)

• The XLR input has never been the only input for profiling. The TRS return input is in parallel to the XLR on Head and Rack. On the Stage we have the TRS only, but same functionality.

The Profiler mode is the third mode which is activated by pressing the Browser and Perform buttons simultaneously. In Profiler mode the TRS input 1 is used to connect the microphone or DI box line signal.

So where does the direct out from the Kemper into the front of the amp come out of, "Send 1"? Then the mic goes into the "Return 1"?

Not being in the quick guide or the video, this could definitely use some specific explanation.

• I have my Profiler Stage on preorder. Been using two AX8’s live since their release. Straight to PA and monitors. I have waited forever for Kemper to bring this floor board to market. So glad they have.

If all works as well as I am hoping, I will be ordering another Profiler Stage and retiring the AX8’s

Really looking forward to receiving it ?