Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• I think I would like to see morphing between 2 different amps ?

That would provide a fine solution for 80% of us.

• I have my Profiler Stage on preorder. Been using two AX8’s live since their release. Straight to PA and monitors. I have waited forever for Kemper to bring this floor board to market. So glad they have.

If all works as well as I am hoping, I will be ordering another Profiler Stage and retiring the AX8’s

Really looking forward to receiving it ?

Very cool GIG , way to go

• I think that dual amps isn’t all that people make it out to be.

Indeed it is not.You need to be more of a good producer than a good guitar player to make this work.With this I mean that you need to know exactly what you want to do from the start of the production.Not only for the guitar but also with the whole mix in mind.This is tricky.Choosing just one new sound track by track makes much more sense for the "average player" with no producer-skills.For many reasons..let's not forget that all these "wall of sounds" rock and heavy albums were made track by track and each addition of a different rig was made under the supervision of a star producer and a top engineer...

I use dual amps with my rack and toaster almost exclusively for creating interesting "non-rock" sounds..for example like a acoustic profile on the right and a bass-like sound on the left.this brings very often amazing results.

Again..I can't wait for the new acoustic SIM..

• The question we should be asking is why we aren't out enjoying the Summer too instead of getting hot under the collar about an editor? It's sweltering outside! 8)

"Enjoying the Summer" in Houston, Texas is an impossibility. Now if you had said, "Enjoy experimenting changing your form of matter from a solid to a liquid ala Zan, of Wondertwins fame, turning into a bucket of sweat", I'd be totally onboard. Houston, aka "The Devil's Butthole", where it's pleasant to be outside 1 out of 52 weeks a year. #swampass #nutsweat #ewwwgross :P

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

Edited once, last by SliderJeff ().

• I think that dual amps isn’t all that people make it out to be.

I agree. I’m from the P&W world where dual amp rigs are everywhere and I just don’t see the need. I get killer tones as is. The short version is: it sounds a little more exciting in your in-ears/headphones. The effect is largely lost on any audience or congregation.

Also, pretty much all of those dual amp rigs involve a stereo board in front. If you can’t completely reroute the signal chain in the Kemper to do this, it would be for nothing. That is what dual amp people are looking for.

• We know that a very large part of our customers utilize and enjoy these features. With dual amping or parallel effects routing those features are not possible, because there would be no determined points in the signal flow any more.

What do you think?

CK

I have no interest in Dual Amps whatsoever. For electric guitar one great amp is all I need.

However, I would really like the ability to have dual inputs and the Parallel Path feature expanded.

I have two guitars with Magnetic and Piezo pickups PRS P22 and Parker Fly - many other people use Music Man Majesty etc with the same feature). I would love to be able to make full use of these by plugging the electric guitar (magnetic pickups) into one input and the acoustic (Piezo pickup) into a separate input. Then have the Piezo run through the existing parallel path while the magnetic pickups feed the stack.

Although this can be done at present by sending the piezo signal in through the return of an FX Loop in slot A. Unfortunately, this only leaves 1 Stomp space available for adding a single effect to the acoustic sound.

Is there any way to allow Stomps and/or FX slots to be divided between the two signal paths at the users discretion. eg. I might want Compressor, EQ and Reverb on the Acoustic signal with Drive, Wah and delay on the electric then blend the two signals at the output stage. I would also want the ability to use the Panorama control independently for both the main signal and parallel path.

• I agree. I’m from the P&W world where dual amp rigs are everywhere and I just don’t see the need. I get killer tones as is. The short version is: it sounds a little more exciting in your in-ears/headphones. The effect is largely lost on any audience or congregation.

Also, pretty much all of those dual amp rigs involve a stereo board in front. If you can’t completely reroute the signal chain in the Kemper to do this, it would be for nothing. That is what dual amp people are looking for.

I'm from the P&W world too - didn't realize that it was exclusive to us, but looking back, I can see it!

I use a stereo rig just to get my modulation and delay effects in stereo - it just makes it wider IMHO.

That being said, does anyone know if you can SEND in stereo and RETURN in stereo? Or, does that not make any sense because Stomps A-D are summed to mono still? Would be cool if Stomps A-D were upgraded to stereo... really this only applies to ambient nerds like myself :)

• Do you want to avoid swapping your guitars on the same cable or do you simply want to avoid switching rigs dedicated to the guitars?

• Although this can be done at present by sending the piezo signal in through the return of an FX Loop in slot A. Unfortunately, this only leaves 1 Stomp space available for adding a single effect to the acoustic sound.

I am aware this is not fully what you're looking for, but a more balanced option would be to use main input for the acoustic, back input/fx loop for the electric, and activate Parallel Path.
    This would give 2 slots for the acoustic straight to Output and leave you 1 mono stomp and all the fx section for the electric.
    Of course you'd be missing the possibility to set the Input for your electric.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• You

the kemper stage means one or two more years without a really new kemper amp with dual amps and better digital audio connections (usb audio and aes/ebu)..

2 more years? Not for me. I am getting a Stage to go with my non powered rack.

As for better digital audio connections...

I'd like to see the S/PDIF I/O be able to act as a slave. Otherwise it is more than adequate for my needs.

There likely will never be USB audio or AES/EBU connections inside a Kemper. Get an interface and get over it.

• For me, dual amps is just asking “What have you done for me lately?” If it’s ‘missing‘ people will make a stink.

If it’s so important, get an AxeFX or Helix if you want it in one box. Both provide that. Or buy a second KPA.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Do you want to avoid swapping your guitars on the same cable or do you simply want to avoid switching rigs dedicated to the guitars?

The guitars have two outputs. I want to be able to switch between one signal or the other instantly (this can be done already just by changing rig in a performance) as well as being able to blend the two signals to have acoustic attack mixed in with electric. However, blending from a single output/input means both signals go through both the Stack and Parallel path . I want the ability to separate these but still have more than 1 FX on the parallel path.

• I'm from the P&W world too - didn't realize that it was exclusive to us, but looking back, I can see it!

I use a stereo rig just to get my modulation and delay effects in stereo - it just makes it wider IMHO.

That being said, does anyone know if you can SEND in stereo and RETURN in stereo? Or, does that not make any sense because Stomps A-D are summed to mono still? Would be cool if Stomps A-D were upgraded to stereo... really this only applies to ambient nerds like myself :)

You can already have stereo modulation, delay and reverb. Yes, it absolutely makes it wider.

If youre using a board and want it into stereo, you should be running it “4 cable method”. Mono stuff goes to the input. Mono send to your first stereo pedal stereo return after your last stereo pedal. Done.

• For me, dual amps is just asking “What have you done for me lately?” If it’s ‘missing‘ people will make a stink.

If it’s so important, get an AxeFX or Helix if you want it in one box. Both provide that. Or buy a second KPA.

Some people have been asking about it for quite a while, hence it comes up quite often. That's what consumer feedback is for.

Also, the point in asking or wanting that feature is to not have to buy a Helix or Axe-FX, nor have to buy a 2nd KPA.

These are things people have lived without before, but if its direct competitors offer the option and some people like them or find them useful/inspiring, why not ask and hope the KPA eventually offers it and you're able to create dual profiles in the future using your own setup. As creatives, we're always looking for more tools to help create unique and inspiring soundscapes.