Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• It's business fundamentals. Kemper don't sell them to their distributors at retail, so there's at least some room for discounting.

If Kemper undercuts their distributers discounted price what do you think happens to their distribution channel?

I brought this up earlier, as well. This shouldn't be difficult to understand. Distributors get "dealer" or "wholesale" pricing, the end users get "retail", which is significantly higher. It's all about margins and distribution.

I've known a few dealers who aren't thrilled that Kemper also sells direct, even if at a higher price, but sell them anyway. Have also encountered a couple who haven't stocked them for this reason alone.

If your business model is "distribution", you shouldn't be selling to dealers and then pricing yourself to compete directly with the people buying from you. At least pricing yourself above them at full MSRP allows them to undercut your pricing. It works sometimes, it doesn't others. Some dealers are fine with it, others hate it. For my company, selling direct would certainly upset lots of dealers and probably cost us a fair few.

• Obviously a direct purchase puts more money into a business we get a direct benefit from.

In some way yes, in others not so much. If you buy from a distributor, you help the distribution channel that puts in more orders and larger quantities which makes more net profit for the business. Kemper may get more margin on a direct sale, but any business would much rather take less margin and have sales reach consumers they could never get alone with their website. That's why the model exists and why manufacturers seek wider and better distribution through resellers.

• I don't think this is the best forum for a lot of responses on this question, but I have a power toaster and a remote and am looking to sell them both to get a K-stage - does anyone have any advice of what sites other than Reverb in the US is the best to go about this? i don't really have experience selling gear - please feel free to DM if you have any advice so the thread doesn't get diluted. Thanks!

-:)

• Should I stay or should I go??

Rig Manager suggests me to update my Profiler Stage to version 7.0.0.14827.

I did it. Seems fine but I haven’t used it live yet.

I’m a Mod for a good size Kemper group on Facebook and several guys had issues live yesterday. I may revert for now.

• I did it. Seems fine but I haven’t used it live yet.

I’m a Mod for a good size Kemper group on Facebook and several guys had issues live yesterday. I may revert for now.

I drive a C7 Corvette. They have a new C8 coming out that's totally redesigned, shifting to a mid-engine architecture. My friends have asked me when I'm getting one. My reply is always the same - "You want me to trust my life to version 1.0 of a technology dependent, high performance car? Are you insane???"

I think that applies here as well. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Warning note for those who switch to the new version:

Stage can't lock Stomps and Effects sections as a whole. Be sure to not restore a backup where those were locked in some rigs: individually unlocking the slots won't make it.

While Kemper suggest a solution/offers a workaround, check your backups beforehand.

So if I get it right, I can connect a mic to the Return Jack using an appropriate cable without a preamp inbetween?

I am using the mono loop to insert a talkbox /w mic into the signal chain. And I wonder, if this is still an option with the stage.

Yep and yep :)

Should I stay or should I go??

Rig Manager suggests me to update my Profiler Stage to version 7.0.0.14827.

... only because you asked to be informed about available betas :p

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Chris, I sure hope you have the 7-speed manual transmission...you know, the one with the extra pedal on the floor. Otherwise, you have no business looking at the KPA Stage. :P;)8)

What can I say? I like automation, in both amps and velocity prone vehicles. After all, what could possibly go wrong? :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Well my maths, as awful as it is, has the anomaly at £73.62 GBP... :)

It seems, within the past ten minutes, their price is now £1423.00 GBP..... Odd

Isnt this a result of the pound dropping?

Retailer got it at an earlier rate of the poind, Kempers website is probably compensating automated based on Exchange rates.

• My Profiler Stage just arrived today. Never used a Kemper before, been using Fractal for years and before that, my old Bradshaw system rack.

It sounds really good. Very happy. Just need to learn the Kemper way of doing things now and get my live set programmed up.

Going to dig into the manuals tonight and work out as much as I can. Before I do that, is there a way to have a performance default to any of the 1-5 switches on selection of that performance? For instance, on selecting a particular performance, it will already be set to go on rig 3 in that performance. Do performances have to have identical effects chains to have spillover work properly when switching between rigs in any given performance.

Anyway, like I said, really happy with how this sounds and looking forward to getting it programmed up. ?