Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Thanks.

Yes, just slowly getting into programming a performance with a test rig with an amp that I liked.

If I don’t find an amp similar enough to my sound, I will just profile my CAE 3+SE or a Mesa Mk3. I could even profile my AX8 amp settings. ?

Thanks for the reply.

• I've been using an old Tonelab LE with a tube preamp in front and Torpedo CAB for speakers. I profiled that and the sounds are pretty close to some of the sounds in the Stage. Interesting how you get used to a certain tone. Also, checking out thousands of profiles made by others is a real trap to fall into like testing different cabinets in the Torpedo CAB (never ending).

• Do performances have to have identical effects chains to have spillover work properly when switching between rigs in any given performance.

If I understand it correctly, you can always have spillovers when switching between rigs, for delays and reverbs that are located in the default DLY and REV modules. CK himself mentioned " 'condition-free spillover' of the DLY and REV module" in this same thread (page 21) as one of the reasons to keep the serial signal flow as it is and not introducing parallel effects routing.

• If I understand it correctly, you can always have spillovers when switching between rigs, for delays and reverbs that are located in the default DLY and REV modules. CK himself mentioned " 'condition-free spillover' of the DLY and REV module" in this same thread (page 21) as one of the reasons to keep the serial signal flow as it is and not introducing parallel effects routing.

Brilliant. Thank you.

• Would be great to have separate sub-forum for the Kemper Stage!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• I received an update via email from kemper support, followed the instructions in the manual to install it and it does nothing. What is the trick to get it to update? (the guy was supposed to call me but never did). So far I had to return the first one (bad foot switch) and now this. Is this normal for Kemper?

• Did you get a kaos.bin file? If so, then put it in the root of your USB drive, boot your KPA, then insert the USB drive. It should ask you to update.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have received the Stage last Friday, and it's amazing!

Only had one little 'issue' with it and that is the fact that the unit was a bit wobbly (guess the feet aren’t equally as high)...
    I have put some felt in-between the Kemper and the feet, and the problem was solved. ;)

Last Tuesday I did my first rehearsal with it and the other guys in the band were really impressed by the sound.

I guess that's the only tip I can give, use high-quality profiles otherwise you might not be satisfied with it.
    Don't cheap out, because sometimes it's better to purchase a professional profile from somewhere.

It's my first Kemper, I've been playing with it for days and I'm really impressed how easy to understand it really is.

I like it a lot. :)

• Put it in the update folder, not in the root directory off the USB.

USB needs to be formatted by the Profiler prior to using it.

Indeed, the USB drive must be formatted by the profiler prior to use, but I've always had better luck placing kaos.bin in the root.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Different (lower) version on the stick, formatted on Kemper, file in root or Update folder (doesn't change anything). I've even tried 3 different sticks formatted first with Fat 32 on 3 different computers. The USB stick works in every case because I can backup to it. I'll just wait for the guy to call me.

• Different (lower) version on the stick, formatted on Kemper, file in root or Update folder (doesn't change anything). I've even tried 3 different sticks formatted first with Fat 32 on 3 different computers. The USB stick works in every case because I can backup to it. I'll just wait for the guy to call me.

tburle did you see my reply where I stated that the reason you cannot update is because your unit is already up to date? That explains why the stick is working ok for creating backups etc.

• tburle did you see my reply where I stated that the reason you cannot update is because your unit is already up to date? That explains why the stick is working ok for creating backups etc.

Kemper Support #1 I think you did not read carefully his message. The OS version number is VERY similar but not the same. They differ in one digit only. Of course the one he has is the most recent one and there is no reason to update. But the misunderstanding between you two comes from the fact that he is talking about two different OS numbers and you think they are the same.

• I asked support for a fix because my Stage keeps locking up every time I use Rig Manager. Note: Rig Manager works, but when I close out RM and try to use the Stage, it locks up. They sent me what appears to be a lower version 4653 vs 4853, but it doesn't install. Still no call from support.

• Kemper Support #1 I think you did not read carefully his message. The OS version number is VERY similar but not the same. They differ in one digit only. Of course the one he has is the most recent one and there is no reason to update. But the misunderstanding between you two comes from the fact that he is talking about two different OS numbers and you think they are the same.

"Currently installed is 7.0.1.14853" is what he wrote and that is the latest currently available version. If you plug a USB stick in that has the exact same version that is already installed nothing will happen.