Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• The USB port on the Stage... think it would support a Line6 G10 wireless? I use the USB port on the toaster to run a Bluetooth RX.

I'll try the G10 on my toaster when I get home...

Well...

Tested the toaster USB, and...

It "operates". What does that mean?

The better question is does it "work"?

No.

I was happy as heck when I plugged the USB cord from the Kemper port to the micro USB on the G10 and it happily lit up.

Grabbed a guitar and it seemed fine.

Then I started listening, and I could hear a whining noise when plucking the A string. Hmmm...

Changed the USB cable to the thicker one that comes with the G10.

Same.

So, the USB port powers the G10, and seems to charge the TX bug as well, but there is noise.

Dang. Not sure if the Stage USB has more amperage, but the toaster won't do it for you/me.

Rats.

• I remember reading a post from the Mothership that the USB ports are ONLY for the purpose they were designed for and not for charging phones, connecting other devices, etc.

Doing so might cause unexpected consequences.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Dang. Not sure if the Stage USB has more amperage, but the toaster won't do it for you/me.

dmatthews

the USB port is designed for a USB stick only. It is not intended to deliver enough energy for what you have in mind. The worse case it that you will damage the hardware. This is true for every Profiler product.

• My Profiler Stage just arrived today. Never used a Kemper before, been using Fractal for years and before that, my old Bradshaw system rack.

It sounds really good. Very happy. Just need to learn the Kemper way of doing things now and get my live set programmed up.

Going to dig into the manuals tonight and work out as much as I can. Before I do that, is there a way to have a performance default to any of the 1-5 switches on selection of that performance? For instance, on selecting a particular performance, it will already be set to go on rig 3 in that performance. Do performances have to have identical effects chains to have spillover work properly when switching between rigs in any given performance.

Anyway, like I said, really happy with how this sounds and looking forward to getting it programmed up. 😊

One thing I like about the Kemper is its quite intuitive to use.

Couple of suggestions:

1) Download Rig Manager to audition profiles - look for amps you are familiar with or like.

2) Don't try to adjust profiles too much. If you don't like it, move on.

Not sure about the default on performance mode? Not sure if its the last one you had on there or when you last saved? Someone else will need to answer. Not sure about spill over either...

• Picked up a Stage at launch immediately, this unit checks all the boxes for me. Portable, all-in-one, and profiling. Amazing.

I got rid of my Kemper about a year ago and tried out Fractal Axe III, which ended up being more than I needed. Couldn't be happier to be back in the Kemper camp with all my old profiles. What's great is I kept all the profiles I created of my studio amps, some of which I don't even own anymore, so it's like reuniting with multiple old friends all at once. Fantastic.

• Glenn DeLaune got one. His first Kemper. He has quite the collection of great amps. I have used some of his previous Line 6 stuff in the past. His ear for fine tuning is amazing. I hope he profiles his amps. Fingers crossed. He is impressed with his Stage.

• Thanks.

Yes, just slowly getting into programming a performance with a test rig with an amp that I liked.

If I don’t find an amp similar enough to my sound, I will just profile my CAE 3+SE or a Mesa Mk3. I could even profile my AX8 amp settings. 😂

Thanks for the reply.

• I've been using an old Tonelab LE with a tube preamp in front and Torpedo CAB for speakers. I profiled that and the sounds are pretty close to some of the sounds in the Stage. Interesting how you get used to a certain tone. Also, checking out thousands of profiles made by others is a real trap to fall into like testing different cabinets in the Torpedo CAB (never ending).

• Do performances have to have identical effects chains to have spillover work properly when switching between rigs in any given performance.

If I understand it correctly, you can always have spillovers when switching between rigs, for delays and reverbs that are located in the default DLY and REV modules. CK himself mentioned " 'condition-free spillover' of the DLY and REV module" in this same thread (page 21) as one of the reasons to keep the serial signal flow as it is and not introducing parallel effects routing.

• If I understand it correctly, you can always have spillovers when switching between rigs, for delays and reverbs that are located in the default DLY and REV modules. CK himself mentioned " 'condition-free spillover' of the DLY and REV module" in this same thread (page 21) as one of the reasons to keep the serial signal flow as it is and not introducing parallel effects routing.

Brilliant. Thank you.

• I received an update via email from kemper support, followed the instructions in the manual to install it and it does nothing. What is the trick to get it to update? (the guy was supposed to call me but never did). So far I had to return the first one (bad foot switch) and now this. Is this normal for Kemper?