Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• "Currently installed is 7.0.1.14853" is what he wrote and that is the latest currently available version. If you plug a USB stick in that has the exact same version that is already installed nothing will happen.

But then he said:

"They sent me what appears to be a lower version 4653 vs 4853, but it doesn't install. "

• Hi guys, I had a kemper but sold it over a year ago. I did a USB backup so I could have all my profiles and performances for the next Kemper I owned. I plan on getting a stage shortly so can anyone telly me if I can load my USB straight in and continue as I hadn’t it? Or are there compatibility issues with different firmware versions?

• Hi guys, I had a kemper but sold it over a year ago. I did a USB backup so I could have all my profiles and performances for the next Kemper I owned. I plan on getting a stage shortly so can anyone telly me if I can load my USB straight in and continue as I hadn’t it? Or are there compatibility issues with different firmware versions?

You should be good to go with a USB backup.

• Phase would not be a problem.

But I think a dual (parallel) full Rig topology would not meet the requirements of most users that want to run dual amping, because you want to plug both amps into the same studio effects most of the time.

Am I right?

Hello there! I'm a bass player and I'm looking into buying a Stage soon (was waiting for an all-in-one Kemper for a while). So I'm not familiar with the Profiler and I'm not sure I understood your answer why a dual rig isn't possible, but I'll tell you how I intend to use mine. I like keeping some clean signal blended in my sound when using distorted tones, it retains the clarity and low end. I found out that I can do that with the parallel path, blend in some clean DI sound, and it will probably be good enough for my use. However, it would be great if I could have my clean amp sound in the parallel path instead of the DI. Looking at the video of how parallel path works, I was wondering why an amp block isn't possible in the parallel path too. I know it wouldn't cover everyone's needs, but if it's possible I think it would be a great addition, personally I would definitely use it. I can see why others (and mainly guitarists) would like a stereo dual rig, but I'd be fine with a mono blend, even if it means no duplicated effects. Thanks for your time and for making a game-changing product :)

• I was wondering why an amp block isn't possible in the parallel path too.

Lack of DSP resources; the current architecture and chip set can only run one profile at a time.

You can however utilise an EQ and compressor, for example, in the parallel path, to get closer to a clean amped sound.

• Lack of DSP resources; the current architecture and chip set can only run one profile at a time.

You can however utilise an EQ and compressor, for example, in the parallel path, to get closer to a clean amped sound.

I was wondering, though, whether the Stage uses the same chip - has there been any confirmation of that? I was reading that it was near the end of its life cycle, so I was thinking that maybe the Stage, being brand new and I guess with plans to be around at least 5 years (the original profiler is what, 7-8 years old already?), might probably have a newer and more powerful chip which could allow more.

• I was wondering, though, whether the Stage uses the same chip - has there been any confirmation of that? I was reading that it was near the end of its life cycle, so I was thinking that maybe the Stage

the Profiler Stage is a Profiler with a different form factor. Technicalities aside, it has the same features and hardware.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• The fact that the Profiler is still king in its territory, shows me that it's still powerful enough to do everything it should.
    I personally wonder how many people would need a Kemper that's more powerful, 'because of the fact that you can't run 2 profiles at once'.

My honest option, I have rarely run 2 amps at the same time any how so why should Kemper focus something like that?
    I know that there are a lot of different players out there.

• Two profiles starts to get away from the simplicity of making a profile and playing. We a closer to modelling and the constant tinkering from the way I saw Kemper.

With real amps you would need 2 setups for this, so why not buy a second Kemper instead of producing a more expensive unit? I am thinking about a second one for live now the Stage has 2 loops:-)

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I was thinking that maybe the Stage, being brand new and I guess with plans to be around at least 5 years , might probably have a newer and more powerful chip which could allow more.

The Profiler uses a unique DSP chip that hasn't been updated, and doesn't look like being updated in the future. As it is apparently coded at machine level (presumably to ensure the lowest latency possible), migration to a new chip would almost certainly mean that the differences between the Stage and the other Profiler versions would be much greater, feature- and sound-wise, and would also mean a lengthy coding and debugging process, before they were ready for release.

• Two profiles starts to get away from the simplicity of making a profile and playing. We a closer to modelling and the constant tinkering from the way I saw Kemper.

With real amps you would need 2 setups for this, so why not buy a second Kemper instead of producing a more expensive unit? I am thinking about a second one for live now the Stage has 2 loops:-)

Exactly what I meant ;)

I'm sorry but this comes off as pure fanboyism to me. Using the same logic, you should be complaining about the effects too. With real amps you would need pedals, so why not buy pedals instead of having them built in the Profiler? I'm sure the Profiler is an amazing machine as it is, that's why I intend to buy one anyway, but why complain when someone is suggesting something extra? If they can do it and you don't need the extra feature, just don't use it, or don't buy a -hypothetical- more expensive unit. If they add dual profiles, literally no-one will complain. I don't want to buy a second Kemper, just like I prefer not to have external effect pedals, I like simplicity and all-in-one solutions.

• No matter the form factor (Rack, Toaster, Stage) a single Kemper can not create a parallel path with two separate rigs. With two Kempers, what you want is easily doable.

The vast majority of members of this forum are fanboys because the Kemper does what it does so very well.

Having said that, I'd say that there is a huge variance in how members use their Kempers, what features they like and don't like, and whether they would ever want to use two Kempers to do some creative (but complex) sound paintings.

In my case, I think that Kempers are like potato chips. Once you try one...

• I personally wonder how many people would need a Kemper that's more powerful, 'because of the fact that you can't run 2 profiles at once'.

I've certainly heard people asking for the possibility to use two amps at the same time.
    One interesting application of a 2-profile capability would be running profiles of dirty pedals along with the amp profile. It seems to me this is more requested than the former.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I'm sorry but this comes off as pure fanboyism to me. Using the same logic, you should be complaining about the effects too. With real amps you would need pedals, so why not buy pedals instead of having them built in the Profiler? I'm sure the Profiler is an amazing machine as it is, that's why I intend to buy one anyway, but why complain when someone is suggesting something extra? If they can do it and you don't need the extra feature, just don't use it, or don't buy a -hypothetical- more expensive unit. If they add dual profiles, literally no-one will complain. I don't want to buy a second Kemper, just like I prefer not to have external effect pedals, I like simplicity and all-in-one solutions.

I am happy to respect your opinion, but having used Kemper over 4 years I appreciate the simplicity in basic use. Of course you can dive deeper since updates, but I like to see it as foremost an amplifier and not a computer.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• However, it would be great if I could have my clean amp sound in the parallel path instead of the DI.

just as a little background info, the Parallel Path feature was requested by pro bassist Rodrigo Gonzales and it works by not only sending the DI signal to the Output, but giving you the opportunity to add two STOMPS like compression and EQ - basically, a channel strip to the DI signal.

If you want to retain your clean amp sound, there are two ways I can think of.

1)

• use a Profile of your clean amp
    • activate Parallel Path
    • add a overdrive/distortion in A
    • add a low-pass Filter or Studio EQ in slot B to mimic the high frequency attenuation of guitar cabinet (~above 5k)

2)

• use a Profile of your clean amp
    • set an Output to "Stack" (signal will be tapped right behind AMP and CABINET, no effects - this is your clean sound)
    • put a high-pass filter (or Studio EQ) in the first effects slot
    • add a overdrive/distortion in MOD
    • add a low-pass Filter or Studio EQ in the DELAY slot to mimic the high frequency attenuation of guitar cabinet (~above 5k)

In 1) you'll be distorting your DI signal, in 2) the clean amp Profile will be distorted post STACK, which makes the whole thing a little uncommon, I guess.

hth