Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Thanks a lot for the suggestions! But I haven't read the best comments on the Kemper's distortions, so I think I'll prefer an overdriven tube amp profile for that. I'll try everything, of course, and see what works best, but my bet is on a distorted profile with a little clean DI with compression blended in on the parallel path.

Fractal Audio stuff will do this. It's a modeler but they still sound pretty good.

From all the samples I've heard, Kemper is the only one that sounds just as good as an amp to me. Fractal is close indeed, but still not as good, so I think I'd prefer to keep my current pedalboard+amp setup than go with a modeller. I've been playing since the 90s, where anything digital was basically crap, and the Kemper is the only thing that made me say "wow, digital is finally there".

• dragonlord while I think I agree that a dirty amp profile and clean DI (channel strip) is likely to be the best option for you don't discount the distortion FX. Some people just like to moan to give them something to do 8oPlenty of people get good results with the Overdrive and Distortion stomps. Others think they are complete crap. The only way for you to know is to try them yourself with an open mind. If they work great if they don't.......... well you learned something and can find and alternative option but it is based on your own perceptions of reality rather than what others say.

Have fun experimenting 8)8)8)

• I was wondering, though, whether the Stage uses the same chip - has there been any confirmation of that? I was reading that it was near the end of its life cycle, so I was thinking that maybe the Stage, being brand new and I guess with plans to be around at least 5 years (the original profiler is what, 7-8 years old already?), might probably have a newer and more powerful chip which could allow more.

The UI on the Stage feels faster to me than it did on the Head. I wouldn't be surprised if something newer was built in.

• Steep learning curve ahead. Noticed it's slow to format even lower capacity USB sticks. Also, rookie question, I followed the instructions to disable the cabinet (amplifying with a Fryette Power Station into a guitar cab) but can't see how I save the change. I'll want it to apply globally of course.

• Steep learning curve ahead. Noticed it's slow to format even lower capacity USB sticks. Also, rookie question, I followed the instructions to disable the cabinet (amplifying with a Fryette Power Station into a guitar cab) but can't see how I save the change. I'll want it to apply globally of course.

the monitor cab off option in the output menu works globally

• I just updated my Stage to 7.01 . Now when I switch performances I get an error screen. I just sent info to Kemper support.

Need A very quick fix or back It goes till they get this all sorted. I play live to much , to deal with this stuff

• Think I'm gonna have to return my Stage I just don't think I can count on it playing out live.

I'll maybe get another one when all the problems get ironed out , still waiting to hear from support.

Been checking my spam and everything