Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Just had to return my stage to local dealer so they can go through all the errors it had. At gig on Saturday the first Footswitch button stopped working. Wasn’t really pleased at the moment.

It’s shame since I loved the sounds I was getting out of it. I really hope they get the quality control soon in place.

• The last thing I ever would have expected is simple hardware issues. If I buy one of these I'd expect it to be able to take life onstage for years, but the reports I'm reading suggest it's under engineered for that use or the manufacturing is way out of spec.

I'm sticking with the remote until I've got confidence that it's robust enough.

• The last thing I ever would have expected is simple hardware issues. If I buy one of these I'd expect it to be able to take life onstage for years, but the reports I'm reading suggest it's under engineered for that use or the manufacturing is way out of spec.

I'm sticking with the remote until I've got confidence that it's robust enough.

I am sure the Kemper stuff will fix the issues and it will be a reliable tool.

But I have to admit that it is not what I would have expected too. After all possible competitors have already come up with a floor unit (from expensive too cheap) with no problems and all with perfect working editors right from the beginning- Kemper is not only late to the party. But there are (temporary) hardware issues, so people have to send their Stage back, are insecure about the durability and have to deal with a beta software. And a floor unit entering the market with no editor right from the start (wasn't ready in time).

Not exactly optimal!

What will save the success (in my opinion) is the still unrivaled quality of sound.

• my powered rack has been great for 6 years of road, and studio use, I am very surprised at all the issues with the stage, not what I would have expected, Glad I held off,,

But I am SURE it will be resolved,,It will be a great tool to add to my tool box when it gets sorted out,,

pretty much exactly what I wanted from CK,The stage, and a Kemper cab, off to the island,,( one with clean AC of course)

• The original Kemper's had some issues with the multi-color LED's which has been fixed for quite some time.

I am sure they will get their heads around any issues that pop up and fix them quickly. Still, anyone should be wary of being on the "bloody edge" of technology.

• The original Kemper's had some issues with the multi-color LED's which has been fixed for quite some time.

I am sure they will get their heads around any issues that pop up and fix them quickly. Still, anyone should be wary of being on the "bloody edge" of technology.

Yeah, I have no doubt in my mind that folks at kemper will find solution to all these problems, but i have to admit that i was sorely disappointed to Stage having so much problems. And that Rig Manager was a fucking nightmare. I have had helix stomp for a while now and have had zero problmes with it. Im glad that i have it and will definetly keep it as a spare. Its pretty much perfect for that.

• Former AxeFX owner considering a switch to a Kemper Stage. Reading this thread it doesn't sound quite ready yet, should I wait a bit?

Sold my Axe2 with the news of the new FM3 which hasn't released so far so am without an "amp" for 4 months. The Stage looks to be about 50% more expensive than the FM3 which could be an issue financially. Eek.

Edited once, last by zero71 ().

• Depends if you are in Europe or the states.

I'm in the UK. Looks like the FM3 is around £1k based on the hinted pricing, vs £1450 for the Stage. I've never played through a Kemper but I am getting curious. Local GuitarGuitar has the Toaster so I might go check that out.

• I'm in the UK. Looks like the FM3 is around £1k based on the hinted pricing, vs £1450 for the Stage. I've never played through a Kemper but I am getting curious. Local GuitarGuitar has the Toaster so I might go check that out.

I think once import duty and taxes are added, they'll be around the same price.