Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Forgot how great Profiles sounded!!! So I own the Big 3 again... :)

Going to have fun with this Stage pedal version!!!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Just received my Stage today. Never had a profiler before & didn't buy it to profile my own amps but to play others :).

I have only used the early Line 6 UX1, 11 rack & Amplifire Box (with which I was very happy). Have heard nothing but good things about Kemper products & I'm psyched to get to know the workings of this machine.

• Just received my Stage today. Never had a profiler before & didn't buy it to profile my own amps but to play others :).

I have only used the early Line 6 UX1, 11 rack & Amplifire Box (with which I was very happy). Have heard nothing but good things about Kemper products & I'm psyched to get to know the workings of this machine.

If you use the right profiles, it will be like night and day and you'll be very happy with your purchase. Now that I sold my Kemper, I'm playing through a famous modeler and it sounds laughable in comparison with the Kemper. (I won't say the name of it to create suspense and to avoid a web riot).

• Look up my Bogner Uberschall profiles. Just search for BulldogXTRM in the rig exchange.

I’m going to check them out :)

Have no idea how an Uberschall is supposed to sound but the 5150 profiles sound exactly like the real amp to me. Which could not be said about the modeled version in the Atomic

• Anyone else mounted the Stage to a pedalboard yet? If so, photos please. Pedaltrain Classic 1 looks like it would do the trick without being unwieldy. I only have a Classic JNR at hand atm, which is too narrow. Think the Mission EP-1 could just stay on the floor as it’s already quite tall.

Just finished wiring up my Kemper Stage Rig on a Voodoo Labs Dingbat pedalboard.

The signal path is;
    Line 6 G30 or guitar cable (switchable with Loop-Master) > DigiTech FreqOut > KP Stage input > Lovepedal Super Six SRV (loop 1) > Wampler Paisley Deluxe (loop 2) > KP Stage main out > Mission Engineering Io cab. Plus, 2 Dunlop DPV4 Mini expression pedals. All nice and tidy.

Sounds ridiculously good. All I need now is the Kemper editor

Watch ALL the official Kemper tutorials on Youtube and get to know the Amp parameters. They completely affect/change the tone and response of the profiles.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but did you notice the Stage has lower specs? For example:

Analog Outputs PROFILER Head, PowerHead, Rack, and PowerRack:

MAIN OUTPUT L and R:

XLR balanced, ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift max. output level: XLR +22 dBu, TS +16 dBu

Kemper Stage:

MAIN OUTPUT L and R:

XLR balanced, ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift max. output level: XLR +15 dBu, TS +15 dBu

And the input is "impedance 22 kohms - 1 megohms selectable". Selectable where? In the input section?

Also, the kemper stage S/PDIF can be set to slave.

• THIS looks great. I'm thinking a right-angled, locking IEC would make a lot of sense, although it's proving difficult to find one.

I have a right angle (not locking) IEC, but the strait cable worked better with this board because the cable can go directly into the hole under the Loop-Master switch pedal. The underside of the board has a power strip mounted where the Stage is plugged in and also a Cioks DC-10 for the pedals.

• Ok,

I heard it said on a YT video about the workings of the profiler stage; that you should find profile you like & use it as is. I find that all hi gain profiles need some tweaking like reduction of treble & an increase in gain on the guitar I use, which has a medium output bridge pickup (SD Full Shred).

It sounds absolutely awesome. I added a green screamer to the Top Jimi brown sound FW M profile & it sounds awesome. As do the Keith Merrow 5153 profile

• Ok,

I heard it said on a YT video about the workings of the profiler stage; that you should find profile you like & use it as is. I find that all hi gain profiles need some tweaking like reduction of treble & an increase in gain on the guitar I use, which has a medium output bridge pickup (SD Full Shred).

It sounds absolutely awesome. I added a green screamer to the Top Jimi brown sound FW M profile & it sounds awesome. As do the Keith Merrow 5153 profile

You can do whatever you want to the profiles as long as you like the results. Personally I don't like to add gain to the profile with the gain knob, I use a stomp for that, sounds better to me or I look for a profile with more gain. If you are looking for good metal high gain profiles, check out the Lasse Lammert folder in the rig manager (or the STL Tones packs, but they are not free).

EDIT: check this out

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.