Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• The ONLY caution about adjusting EQ on rigs I can think of is:

If you are going to send a signal to FOH from the main Outputs, I suggest you use Full Range speakers (studio monitors, PA monitoers, etc.) to dial in the Rig EQ.

If you need to adjust the EQ for your onstage monitor, or, especially for a conventional guitar cabinet, I suggest you use the Output Menu's Monitor EQ (not the Rig EQ).

If you are going to put a microphone in front of your guitar cabinet, and never send a signal to FOH from the Main Outputs, any of the EQs can be used :)

• I only play my Kemper through 2 small M audio studio monitors at home for now.

If I find a profile I like but find it lacks a bit of gain I’ll add a green screamer with drive & tone at 0 & let the green screamer volume control be what adjusts the gain - correct or is there a better way? I want a clean boost that doesn’t affect the tone.

That’s usually how I use a tubescreamer in front of a real 5150.

I’m going to try using the definition instead of the profiles amps EQ

• For a clean boost, there are multiple possibilities. I normally use morphing in conjunction with the volume within the amp module.

Edit: now that I read your post again, perhaps you're looking for an increase in volume all the time, in which case I generally use the volume in the amp module, but without morphing involved.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For a clean boost, there are multiple possibilities. I normally use morphing in conjunction with the volume within the amp module.

Edit: now that I read your post again, perhaps you're looking for an increase in volume all the time, in which case I generally use the volume in the amp module, but without morphing involved.

Yes I want to boost the basic sound all of the time, not just a solo boost. For a solo boost I figured I could add a volume increase, EQ mid boost & some delay with a pedal.

How do I access Definition on the stage?

• Yes I want to boost the basic sound all of the time, not just a solo boost. For a solo boost I figured I could add a volume increase, EQ mid boost & some delay with a pedal.

How do I access Definition on the stage?

Definition is under the Amplifier block, but I wouldn't recommend that as a volume booster, as it will change your tone. The Volume control in the Amplifier block is a better alternative IMO. I don't have a Stage, but on the KPA you push and hold the Amplifier button to get to the settings there.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Definition is under the Amplifier block, but I wouldn't recommend that as a volume booster, as it will change your tone. The Volume control in the Amplifier block is a better alternative IMO. I don't have a Stage, but on the KPA you push and hold the Amplifier button to get to the settings there.

Yes I know, but I was thinking about trying tweaking definiton before I tweak the amp EQ; Bass, mid & treble

• I was just adjusting the definition for one of the top jimi VH profiles & it made a huge difference. The Full Shred pickups are very trebly & does not have a lot of output, despite its name. I suspect the hard rock/metal profiles were made with higher output pick-ups like the SD JB or similar in mind.

Now I just need to restore the profiles I have ruined & try from the start by tweaking them with definition & adding a stomp :)

Thanks for your help

• If something isn't sounding right I try a few different amp profiles before I jump into EQ. It's often the crazy little amp you never considered that ends up cutting through just right.

• My Stage has arrived and I had a couple of problems like "freezing" during the power on process and it messed up my audio interface so bad (via s/pdif) that I had to restart my pc to make it work again.

Anyone having problems with the plastic display cover? Mine is not placed very well... seems like it's not "glued" on the right side and if you touch it, it "sinks" a little bit. That doesn't seem a huge problem btw. Same for the knobs: bass, middle and treble are "firm", the presence knob is way looser.

The layout is kinda weird coming from the rack version and I really miss the undo function, please come up with a way to undo =O;( and what about the vent on the bottom? I hope covering that vent is not going to be a problem when placing the Stage in a pedalboard with velcro ecc.

Also, I don't like the fact that it turns on as soon as you plug the power cable, and the on/off button light stays on even when you turn the Stage off.

That said, all the leds seem brighter to me and it sounds better than the rack version! I know it's just my brain, but during the last week I played with a modeler and I kinda got used to that crappy sound. Playing the Kemper again feels like being in heaven. Oh and the morph button..

• ... and what about the vent on the bottom? I hope covering that vent is not going to be a problem when placing the Stage in a pedalboard with velcro ecc.

Don't cover it; it's there to enable convection through the unit, Sheldon.

Just use risers of your choice to create at least as much clearance as it would've had otherwise.

• You can set the brightness separately for the color LEDs, the buttons, the LED collars and the TAP button. ;)

Those controls are an excellent idea. Many pedals with LEDs are so bright when the LED is active, I simply cannot read the text on the control labels in anything much duller than daylight because I am dazzled by the LEDs.

• Is it true that you should avoid adjusting the EQ & gain on profiles?

Tell that to David Torn using a stock Fender Deluxe Reverb clean Profile made in 2011. :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Don't cover it; it's there to enable convection through the unit, Sheldon.

Just use risers of your choice to create at least as much clearance as it would've had otherwise.

A floor unit with a vent on the bottom, isn't that weird? :rolleyes:

Maybe with thick velcro on the sides (3M for example), there is still a small gap between the stage and the board.

• You can set the brightness separately for the color LEDs, the buttons, the LED collars and the TAP button. ;)

Yes, and when I checked that I noticed the leds weren't even at max! They are very bright, beautiful!

Are these controls exclusively for the stage or is it a new option introduced with OS7 also for the rack/toaster version?