Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• Here's a quick video about amp profiling with Kemper Stage and comparing the results.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you all for your suggestions on clean tones. My computer skills are lacking, in the future I'd like to thank you individually. I'm very new to the Stage and to digital simulation altogether. I own a couple of nice tube amps, that are profiled on my new stage. Other than the dynamic of a 4 12 cabinet pushing air at hi gain I can tell no difference. Vintage tube tone hell ya. But their is alot to be said about technology. I'm totally sold on my new Kemper, and to find such a welcoming, friendly and attentive forum I know I've made the right choice.

Best regards

Fstelf 061

• I got the stage for my worship gigs, I also have two KPA racks. This is such an easy set up for quick set ups. Temple Audio Duo 24 board and ME expression pedal

[Blocked Image: https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/KPA-S%20small.jpg]

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

Edited 2 times, last by drandall ().

• I can't seem to post a picture any longer from my photobucket account without it being blocked :cursing:

I got the stage for my worship gigs, I also have two KPA racks. This is such an easy set up for quick set ups. Temple Audio Duo 24 board and ME expression pedal

[Blocked Image: https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/KPA-S%20small.jpg]

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I can't seem to get the volume on my Stage to control the monitor volume. Help I have a gig and want to start using it

I'm not sure that I understand your question 100%. This procedure will make the MASTER VOLUME knob only control the MONITOR output, the main outputs will be at a fixed level.

Press the OUTPUT button.

Go to page 2/7.

Uncheck Main Out Link.

Check Monitor Out Link.

Set the Main Volume to something like -14.6dB, that's where I run mine but you might need to adjust it to work with your PA.

Don't worry about the Monitor Volume, it will be controlled by the volume knob.

Press the SYSTEM button.

Go to page 3/11.

Set the Vol. LED Collar to Monitor Volume, this will make the LED's around the volume knob match the monitor output setting.

HTH

• Hi @timowens,

I'm very interested in this. Can yo elaborate on this? "This procedure will make the MASTER VOLUME knob only control the MONITOR output, the main outputs will be at a fixed level."

If I understand this right, I can control my on stage FRFR cab with the MASTER VOL knob....but how to I control FOH volume?

Cheers

• Hi @timowens,

I'm very interested in this. Can yo elaborate on this? "This procedure will make the MASTER VOLUME knob only control the MONITOR output, the main outputs will be at a fixed level."

If I understand this right, I can control my on stage FRFR cab with the MASTER VOL knob....but how to I control FOH volume?

Cheers

The level for each output can be set in the output menu with the soft knobs underneath the display. After soundcheck you obviously do not want to change the main output voume anymore but maybe the monitor output level for your personal monitoring on stage needs to be adjusted midgig. To achieve that with the master volume knob you need to deactivate the main outputs volume link in the output menu and only keep the monitor output link active.

• The level for each output can be set in the output menu with the soft knobs underneath the display. After soundcheck you obviously do not want to change the main output voume anymore but maybe the monitor output level for your personal monitoring on stage needs to be adjusted midgig. To achieve that with the master volume knob you need to deactivate the main outputs volume link in the output menu and only keep the monitor output link active.

Ahhh, that makes sense now. You august the volume for FOH first, then you deactivate it and use the MASTER VOL for the on stage monitor. Thanks @Kemper Support #1 for the clarification, much appreciated :thumbup:

• Ahhh, that makes sense now. You august the volume for FOH first, then you deactivate it and use the MASTER VOL for the on stage monitor. Thanks @Kemper Support #1 for the clarification, much appreciated :thumbup:

not completely correct. You set the level for the main outputs using the soft knob underneath the display in the output menu during the soundcheck and keep the main output volume link deactivated all the time.

• not completely correct. You set the level for the main outputs using the soft knob underneath the display in the output menu during the soundcheck and keep the main output volume link deactivated all the time.

Thanks for the clarification. Need to keep a cheat sheet for the time being until I got this in my head. :)

• not completely correct. You set the level for the main outputs using the soft knob underneath the display in the output menu during the soundcheck and keep the main output volume link deactivated all the time.

Well, it can work the way jarabuandi described, as well .
    Specifying this in order to avoid he believes there's anything wrong in what he wrote :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I think the point is that step is not necessary, why go through the extra steps if you don't need to?

Well, it's better if a new user understands well, I believe :)
    By saying what he suggests is "not completely correct" w/o specifying it's not wrong either, he may get the impression he's following some incorrect procedure.

OTOH, (re)linking the knob to Main volume might be something you may want to do at times (I use several couples of active cabs, and at times I prefer to be able to tweak the volume through the knob for progressive adjustments ).

Basically, my impression - with a newby POV in mind - was that the notion that what jarabuandi had described was not wrong might have not been stressed enough.
    Nothing wrong in being complete ad accurate :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/