Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• I just created another thread with the question but... I will write here too.

I bought the pack of thommann with the stage, the mission pedal and the case.

Does anyone remove the stage and pedal rubber supports to put them inside the case? I notice they have better support without the stock rubber feet they have, but they are not tight inside the case if I remove them.

I am thinking to put another layer of foam inside the case in order to use them with flat support and tight hold.

• The rubber feet underneath the Stage guarantee that there is sufficient airflow to cool the unit. If you take them off and place the Profiler flat on the surface you will block the vents on the bottom of the unit and risk to experience issues due to overheating.

• The rubber feet underneath the Stage guarantee that there is sufficient airflow to cool the unit. If you take them off and place the Profiler flat on the surface you will block the vents on the bottom of the unit and risk to experience issues due to overheating.

I noticed the vents under the stage. However, thats not a problem because the foam floor comes with a special layout and doesn't cover the vents part.

• Hello good afternoon.

My Kemper Stage does not recognize the expression pedal in Perform mode.

In Browser mode if recognize it.

how could i resolve it?

Thanks and best regards.

• I noticed an error on rig manager. If I have selected 1 profile on my Local Library, if I click "store rig", the "store rig in profiler" disapears. And the changes are save only in the LOCAL rig. Not in the profiler.

Edit: I want to add a posible feature. I have all the profiles duplicated on the profiler and locally. It would be great to have a button like "SYNC" to synchronize a profile with the profiler (If i am tweaking it locally) or "SYNC" to local library (If i am tweaking it on the profiler section). Now I have to tweak the same profile multiple times If I want to save it in every location.

Also, It would be great to tweak all the profiles you want locally, and just clicking one button, send all the changes to those profiles to the profiler.

Edited once, last by joanesinu: Addition ().

• Hello Kemper users. I am a new Stage owner. I’ve owned and played thru most every modeler out there. My favorite is by far the Axe Fx III.

I’ve always been curious about Kemper , but never truly understood what it was about. I’m still not entirely sure to be honest. I know the “profiles” sound really good. The TJ brown sounds are my favorites so far. Instant EVH.

It’s really different , not having complete “amp control” for sounds on this unit. It feels very limiting at first. Using Axe Fx , I would generally find an amp and IR that I liked , adjust the gain so that I could clean up my sound with my guitar volume , or put it full on for gain. The Kemper appears to have a bit of this capability , but more limited. - more of a 7-10 usability range on the guitar vol. ( with my medium and low output HBs in my LPs )

These are just personal options and observations so far. I’ve owned it for less than a week. Played a gig last night with it. I didn’t have it dialed in any where near as good as it could be , but I pulled it off , and the mix sounded great.

I’ll be glad to accept any and all advice about using a Kemper unit after using modelers. So far I like it. Different , but I like it.

• Hi @1oldplayer and welcome! Axe-FX 2 user but Stage owner here as well. I like em both but for rehearsal/gigging it'll be the Stage. I tweak way less with the Stage once you find the 'right' profile. Having said that there's a tonne of them on the Rig exchange!

Have fun with the Stage :):thumbup:

• Hello! You can't use the kemper as it was an axe. Axe is to tweak everything to achieve your sound. The kemper is much more straight fordward. The key is to find a good base sound, or a profile that sounds good without tweaking anything, and starting from that point, you can tweak small things to adapt it to your playing. My 2 cents.

Greetings.

• Welcome to the forum!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hello! You can't use the kemper as it was an axe. Axe is to tweak everything to achieve your sound. The kemper is much more straight fordward. The key is to find a good base sound, or a profile that sounds good without tweaking anything, and starting from that point, you can tweak small things to adapt it to your playing. My 2 cents.

Greetings.

this is good advise,,, use it like an amp,,,,

• Axe is to tweak everything to achieve your sound. .

who told you that?the Axefx is like an amp,for me is just to tweak Bass/Treble,Mid and Presence,load and IR add FX and bingo,please dont confuse people if you dont know the Axefx.,i own the Axe 3 and the Kemper Stage and both units are awesome.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Hi guys,

new here. I’m considering buying the profiler stage.

I have a questions for those who can help me.

I can’t find the manual, only the quick start guide. Is it not out yet?

can I use the Kemper stage to send midi messages to control ableton live?

can you morph any parameter with an expression pedal?

Thanks