Profiling merged....

• Hi! I just gotta powerrack and did lineout from my be100 into the kemper for a direct profile and was amazed how it sounded soooo good!

Now I’d like to make tons of direct profiles and maybe even merged profiles. But I haven’t the slightest idea how to mic a cab...I’m sure it’s a very subjective thing but any starting point would be helpful...and also I have a mackie mixer with preamp inputs....is that enough?

Thx!

• You can get excellent results with just a single mic like an SM57 or e906 - no need for mixers or pre amps. Mic straight into the XLRon the back of the Kemper - job done ?

Definitely start with a single mic. Dual mics can make things much worse instead of better if you don’t get the phase alignment correct.

If you don’t have a separate room to let you mic the speaker and hear how they sound then put on some good closed headphones or (even better) in ear phones PLUS ear defenders over the top so that you can only hear the sound of the mic. Move the mic in front of the speaker until it sounds good. I usually record a short phrase in the looper and let this play while moving the mic.

Have fun.

• awesome, great to hear it's simpler than I thought! I bought a Kemper DI box 3 months ago and literally got baby brain and had no idea where it was until my wife found it in the most random of location!