Top Jimi profile packs and Duncan Distortion Pickups

• I just purchased a kemper last week. I really like the Top Jimi profile packs. I've purchased both the AFD100 and The Tim Caswell mods pack as well as the Brown Sound Pack. My Duncan Distortion is a bit shrill and harsh with these packs and I'm sure it has to do with being a hotter pickup then what was used to profile these. Does anyone use a Duncan Distortion bridge or JB neck with these? I appreciate any recommendations on how to tweak these profiles to make the Duncan's work with them.

• What are you hearing your Kemper through? Headphones, cab, monitors?

I’m not a fan of the Slash or Caswell packs, I have both but prefer offerings from Deadlight studios. That said I do use the Brown sound pack more than any other (every day in fact) with all sorts of pickups, including Duncan Distortions and it doesn’t sound brittle to my ears.

Focussing on the Brown Sound pack, have you tried it with other pickups and been happy with the result?

When I first got my KPA I found everything sounded harsh and brittle but it was the monitors and headphones I was using (Yamaha HS5’s and ATH M50’s at the time). It took me a while to find monitors and cans that I liked

• I had SH-6 in a guitar and never had any problem with harsh sound. I know other have or had that problem with that pickup. It all depends which guitar it is. You can use post eq too to filter that out.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• i've been using Sony MDR-7506 headphones. What monitors and headphones do you use?

Now I use AKG K92’s, but I also have Sony 7506’s. I don’t use them much these days, used to use them with my POD HD - they’re good headphones.

Have you tried your Kemper with another pickup? If you have and you’ve been happy with the sound out of the Sony’s you know they aren’t the problem.

• I watched this and it might help too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau