Anyone have suggestions for a good Chris Botti/smooth jazz bass tone?

• Hey gang,

When I branch out from my usual metal leanings as far as music goes, I also dig smooth jazz and in particular, the tones and production from Sting's trumpet player, Chris Botti, as heard here on a song I would love to cover at some point. Anyone have any suggestions on what profile might best be used to try to emulate this bass tone?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• It's hard to say. It all depends on which bass an pickups you are using. But at least no overdriven bass profile.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I use the Ton Ham Clean on pretty much every style that isn't distorted bass.

Also try the David Eden (amp name) profiles.

Wave Bass 72 can also work. There's really no shortcut for just trying out a bunch of profiles with your bass. 18 Ampeg SVT 400 and Bronco Bassman TV are a little grittier.

I make a "testing" folder and if they are good I move them into a Favs folder. Then there are some that are sorted for the bass I'm using.

These profiles go to 11!