Add thickness to profiles

• Hi..straight to my though- request- suggestion: Could you make an algorithm that could analyze all the range of EQ of the tone from a profile. Then split the Eq in sections and multiply the signal. A paradigm to what I mean: We have a profile from a Mesa boogie and needs thickness..so the algorithm analyses all the spectrum from this sound, let's say starts from 90 hz and ends at 8000 khz. the algorithm splits this signal from 90 hz to 110 hz, 110 hz to 130 hz, 130 hz to 150 hz...etc. And in every section multiplies the signal so to give authentic thickness without changing the color!!!!fucking awesome!!!can you make it????

• You want thicker profiles? Well use the right free, or vendors profiles that are thicker. They do exist. Case closed. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I would say what you're listening through matters on what Thicker is or might be.

Thicker in the headphones is not the same as

Thickicker from the monitors or frfr at full volume or as the same as

Thicker from a guitar cab etc.

Or any one of those plus

Thicker in the mix.

• Are you talking about multiband compression?

Probably more a multiband, transparent limiter is what I'm thinking might do the job for the OP, Bryan.

GeoZorbas , you might want to try one of these on the recorded signal, mate.

That said, once you start mixing, I doubt you'll want to retain all the frequency-band gains you've made 'cause they'll clash with and mask existing frequencies of the other instruments, creating a mess.

• Probably more a multiband, transparent limiter is what I'm thinking might do the job for the OP, Bryan.

GeoZorbas , you might want to try one of these on the recorded signal, mate.

That said, once you start mixing, I doubt you'll want to retain all the frequency-band gains you've made 'cause they'll clash with and mask existing frequencies of the other instruments, creating a mess.

So true, when mixing you gonna be hp/Hs the guitars at around 600-700 to leave room for kick and Bass. Dividing the signal into multiple freq and multiplying is what a graphic eq does. You are only altering the amplitude by multiplying. To thicken you need to alter freq content itself.

Try mixing in a detuned copy( few cents) with very small delay (5-20 ms) on a parallel bus (you can also crush this bus through a compressor).

I however doubt you can do all this inside the kemper alone as we only have one bus (channel).

- Too Many Synths and Way too Many Guitars :rolleyes:

• You might want to try to add octave down pitch shifter/wah formant shifter and experiment with mix parameter.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thickness of a single guitar signal will not work in a mix.

The art is to analyze the frequency spectrum of the WHOLE piece of music by ear and make EQ changes (mostly subtractive) accordingly.

There will never be an automated algorithm to do it, although Izotope's Neutron plugin makes good suggestions already.