Who’s getting a stage ??

• I was going to order one but then realised I’d have to run 3 cables to the back where our on stage IEM mixing desk sits and run power to the front also. Where at the moment I just run the remote cable and that’s it.

We have similar live setups Raoul23 and I was also super tempted.... until I actually scratched out how we'd have to set it up. Having a Toaster, Rack or Stage option is awesome though for sure.

We are a relatively small time band - but super busy and gig a lot, and my Remote looks pretty beat up. We don't abuse our gear (everything in racks, full band IEM, wireless everything, etc), but a couple of hundred energetic shows comes with expected wear. If I had a KPA Stage and it looked as beat up as my Remote - I'm not sure I'd trust it as the core device of my setup. Dumb little remote with single ethernet out front is much better for me.

Still, that hasnt stopped me from trying to talk our bass player into picking a Stage up though (he's a KPA rack user also -but hey, we all need a backup ay? :) )... I'm super curious to try it!

• Well chuffed its out but I'm the same as many current users, I prefer the rack form factor and I use the powered aspect a lot!

I will be getting the Kabinet though and want the editor...

What a fab time to be a Kemper owner!!!!

• It's looking likely, as someone else said here it's the ease of getting it into hand luggage that's swaying it for me after lugging a 4U case through countless airports as hand luggage, especially in the current European heat. I've switched from using a Remote to a Mooer GE300 for an onstage redundancy, two boards on the floor and a wireless unit will be way more convenient.

• I’m more than happy with the toaster (and the fact it sits safely on the back row away from beer and dirty floors) and hope Kemper continues to support it.

Line 6 moved away from desktop units (Pod bean) and favoured the floor unit, I really really hope Kemper doesn’t do the same for future products.

Having a choice of both is great, but if we can only have one, a desktop/rack unit beats a floor unit every time for me.

Bring on the active Kemper Kabinet & editor though! Exciting times ?

• I'd love to own one, but I'm with others who see the advantage of a rack unit somewhere at the back with just a single cable to the controller.

Also, I really love the power amp version of the Kemper, it's really something else to be able to have air moving. Not that you can't do that with FRFR, but it's amazing to pair the Kemper with a real cabinet imho.

Again, not that you can't do that with a power amp and the Stage, but an all in one unit is damn convenient.

• Line 6 moved away from desktop units (Pod bean) and favoured the floor unit, I really really hope Kemper doesn’t do the same for future products.

Actually no, Helix is available in rack form. It just that the Helix Floor seems to outsell the rack by far.

• Love my powered rack and remote. The floorboard I’m sure is great for some but I wouldn’t want some idiot spilling beer on it at gigs so I like having my profiler out of the way.

I can see the appeal though...just not for me.

• Actually no, Helix is available in rack form. It just that the Helix Floor seems to outsell the rack by far.

Indeed Ingy.

Vernon, L6 stopped producing the "Bean" units a while back (with the POD X3 I think), but continues with racks, which were formerly suffixed with the term "Pro".

• vernon48 ,Good point on the beer spillage and dirty stages. I do use a less expensive B rig just for those types gigs. For the better gigs (and taller stages), the Kemper Stage will now go out with me , and I can leave my Toaster at home plugged up in the studio.

• You cheated, Andy_T-V ; you chopped the quote off to remove the words, "I think". :D

You're right of course. I must've forgotten about them 'cause I never saw any around. I'm guessing they sold very few of them, which it would seem spelled the end of the Beans.

I owned every Bean, including all bass versions, from POD 1.0 onwards except for the HD series which I bought as the 500 floorboard. My neck and shoulder still hurt when I think about that unit; I spent years tweaking the Hell out of it trying to get every amp to sound good and not-scratchy.

I'd barely completed the journey when I thought "to Hell with this" and switched to Kemper. Then L6 announced the Helix, at which point I felt shafted 'cause had I known such a great improvement over the HD was in-the-wings I'd have stuck with the X3, waited on the Helix and saved myself 2 years of useless turd-polishing.

Of course, the Kemper cures all such ailments, thank God. 8) It goes without saying that if Kemper Stage had been around back then and the rack and toaster didn't exist, I'd still have gone the Kemper.

• I ordered mine on Wednesday. My local dealer said that it will be here in about one or two weeks. I just can't wait.

All in all it is all I dreamed of and I repeatedly said this in the forum. As I am going to buy two stages I have a powered toaster, a remote and a case for sale now.

Anybody interested?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Actually no, Helix is available in rack form. It just that the Helix Floor seems to outsell the rack by far.

Ah yes thank you, I stand corrected :) indeed the floor does outsell the rack, it will be interesting to see if the KPA stage outsells the rack/toaster too. I hope not as my own situation is much better suited to the toaster so I hope that remains a hot product