new Kemper stage as a controller ??????

• So, my Stage should be in next week, and I have a non powered rack. If I have morph set up on both the Stage and the Rack, and I hit a morph button on the Stage, will the Rack also morph? This is assuming the Stageconnects to the Rack via midi.

• "UI to MIDI" always has a master and a slave. Please check out the description in the manual.

• I think you will have to follow the steps outlined in the video for using UI to MIDI.

In principle this should work, but there is a bug related to transferring a Morph Button via "UI to MIDI", which our developers still need to fix. It would immediately work if a Morph pedal ist connected to the master PROFILER.

• My question is if you have a Kemper powerhead and you have a Kemper Stage (assuming you can control the Toaster with the Stage) could you then utilize the power section of the Toaster for the Stage and mix amp sounds. I know it won't be stereo but was just wondering if this was possible. This is the thing about new products no one knows anything about them,all we can hope for is a administrator to jump in here and answer some of our questions.

• My question is if you have a Kemper powerhead and you have a Kemper Stage (assuming you can control the Toaster with the Stage) could you then utilize the power section of the Toaster for the Stage and mix amp sounds. I know it won't be stereo but was just wondering if this was possible. This is the thing about new products no one knows anything about them,all we can hope for is a administrator to jump in here and answer some of our questions.

Send the Monitor Output of the Stage to the Aux Input of the Toaster.

• Hello forum members. Long time since I've been here.

I just purchased a Kemper Stage, and want to replace my Kemper Remote with it using MIDI OUT on the Kemper Stage to MIDI IN on the Kemper Rack. I can't get it to change Program channels (program change). When I try, I see a little "SE" symbol on the Rack unit in the Author's Name section in the upper right corner. I also see an "*" symbol and something else underneath. It turns effects on/off, and controls some other button on/off choices, but won't change rigs. I use Browse Mode most of the time at home, but Performance Mode doesn't change either (I tried it). I also matched MIDI Assigned numbers to match in both units (33 for the same rig), and that didn't make it work either.

What am I missing? I love the Stage, and love my Rack at home. I travel for work a week at a time, so this is a lifesaver in hotel rooms, but when back at home want to control my Rack. The two both have the latest firmware and the Rack was cloned to the Stage.

Phil

Phil 8)

• Hello Philbert

There's a checkbox called UI to MIDI on the System settings page 15. From the description in the current User Guide (page 277), looks like this might be something to try.

Hope that helps.

• Hello Philbert

There's a checkbox called UI to MIDI on the System settings page 15. From the description in the current User Guide (page 277), looks like this might be something to try.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. I have it checked. Not sending program changes for Banks and Memory 1 thru 5 presets. :(

Phil

Phil 8)

• I managed to get Performance Mode working. Cleared a bunch of MIDI Assignments that I didn't know where they came from, but still can't get Browse Mode to change no matter what numerical value I set on both units. I guess I have to build up more in Performance Mode to do some patch switching.

Has anybody managed to get Browser Mode to sync using the Stage unit to a Rack or Toaster unit?

Phil

Phil 8)