KAOS v7 For Rack and Toaster Users?

• Communication is really self-contradicting from the Kemper side.

First they say, there will be no new rig manager, because all the engineers are on holiday.

Than they drop the stage with 7.0. We all know no major release is without bugs. Who you need to fix bugs?

Engineers.

Kemper guys, why didn't you postpone the release of the stage until someone is in the office capable of fixing bugs?

• I don’t know the answer but I believe the guys for rig manager (editor) might not be the same guys for the KAOS version. So, whilst it was said on here that rig manager would be a while longer, nothing was said about the latest software for the existing units so maybe that is still possible?

Either way, the thing about enjoying the Summer is making sense here as my little room where I play is crazy hot on the rare occasions that we have nice weather so I thank them for allowing me to sweat outside rather than sweat in a small room due to playing with new software..... I’m really looking forward to it all but I’ll survive for a while longer. I’m looking forward to users getting the Stage so they can feed back how the browsing is. Also, I wonder if the Stage will have the acoustic simulator on there that was mentioned at Winter NAMM? If it has 7.0 then I think it’s supposed to be there??

• It will be interesting to see what the actual version of the firmware bundled with the Kemper Stage is. It could be a 6.5, with only the preset management but without the acoustic sim and other features, or it could be 7.0 with everything (and maybe more) mentioned at NAMM.

All software with any degree of complication has bugs, and to release a non-public-beta-tested version with the new hardware is no different than launching the original toaster with version 1.x OS, except for the fact that the new OS has years of fixes already baked into it. I'm sure enough testing has been carried out on the Stage to ensure that it operates in a reliable fashion.

• Auto swell and acoustic guitar simulator were mentioned here at 5:01:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They really aren't contradicting themselves at all. The desktop software is the concern. Which is entirely separate from what's on the Stage.

The SW running on the Kemper is ready for prime-time. It's also the easier of the two to optimize. It currently runs on one specific set of hardware. By comparison, it's dead-easy to make it run cleanly as firmware. Crucial parameters are constant, so you have an infinitely more controlled environment.

I'd be absolutely astonished if what ships in the Stage isn't full 7.0. If it's not, everyone's going to update within a very short period? Shipping a beta or 'band-aid' release of firmware? Nah.

Rig Manager will run not just on Mac/Windows, but multiple versions of each on an effectively unlimited number of hardware configurations. Way, way *way* harder to get right with all those variables. You want engineers on standby, because problems are going to happen.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Common guys, you cannot imagine what a support service can ingest. Ok, they will sell hundered of stage these next two weeks, receiving a lot of tickets about :

- use questions

- user errors :)

- bugs in KAOS 7

So imagine if they release the KAOS update right now for the rack and toaster version ? they would be flooded by tickets !

• I think, not releasing the rig manager3 with the stage is quite a shot in their own foot. There is a very real possibility, that a lot of people will send back their units, due to the constant bending to the ground get stuff done. Yes, you can put it on a table, but it's really defeats the purpose of the unit.

Don't get me wrong, I barely use the rig manager right now, and most probably will not use it when 3.0 released, but this product release in it's current form, is leaving me puzzled.

• I think, not releasing the rig manager3 with the stage is quite a shot in their own foot. There is a very real possibility, that a lot of people will send back their units, due to the constant bending to the ground get stuff done. Yes, you can put it on a table, but it's really defeats the purpose of the unit.

Don't get me wrong, I barely use the rig manager right now, and most probably will not use it when 3.0 released, but this product release in it's current form, is leaving me puzzled.

1) I think its imminent - so the delta is small

2) Anyone that buys something with that as an imperative need should check it out themselves. I never buy something in the "hope" it has a particular capability or feature that I think is essential.

3) Most people set their amps/effects up first, not at or during a gig, minimising the bending over...

I don't think the issue will be as acute as some may think.

For several years I used an Atomic Amplifire, which shipped with a software editor that wasn't in any way pretty. But it was stable and quite functional. I rarely ever used it, choosing to bend over and tweak using a UI that makes the Kemper screen seem positively Star Trek-like in comparison. Menus inside menus with a two-line LCD screen, with parameters only the engineer who built the thing understood.

For whatever reason, the tactile feedback made bending over worth it. Even though the computer was right there and I was using it for numerous other things at the same time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• None of the preset management features work. I think this RM update was released to migrate the old file system layout to the new that separates the presets from the rigs and to keep compatibility with OS 7 beta.

• None of the preset management features work. I think this RM update was released to migrate the old file system layout to the new that separates the presets from the rigs and to keep compatibility with OS 7 beta.

Yes - i think the same. It is migration from preset files to database records.