Clean patch: Dry on 1, Wet on 2

• Hey folks! I need some help here. I was trying to set up a performance that had a clean dry tone on position 1 and tried to set it up where effects would be on position 2 but so far, i cannot accomplish this as they just save either with the FX on or off for both positions. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Rockin' The D!

• load the same rig into slots 1 and 2 and then activate the effects in slot 2 and store the performance.

Or are you referring to the morphing function to change the rig sound within the same slot?

I wasn't trying to achieve a morphing effect as much as I was hoping to have a dry clean sound one the first position and if I stepped on it again to position 2, all the effects would turn on. I tried to save the effects on Position 2 and no effects on Position 1 but they won't save as such. It's either all effects or none no matter what position it is that i try to save it. Very frustrating.

Rockin' The D!

• Morph cannot turn FX on and off, but it can control the mix and level of an effect that is turned on.

Turn on all the FX in Unmorphed state (position 1). Set the Effects mix to “0” for all the Effects, so you cannot hear them.

Press the Morph button, and set the effects mix for each effect to get the sound you want in Morphed state(position 2).

Store the Rig.

• Try loading the rig you want in Slot 2 with all the effects on. Then copy Slot 2 into Slot 1. Turn off the effects that you don't want in Slot 1 ( you can do that by either turning off each effect individually, or by turning off the entire stomps or effects section(s), by pressing the STOMPS and/or EFFECTS button(s).

Then, press store 3 times.

Be Thankful.

• Try loading the rig you want in Slot 2 with all the effects on. Then copy Slot 2 into Slot 1. Turn off the effects that you don't want in Slot 1 ( you can do that by either turning off each effect individually, or by turning off the entire stomps or effects section(s), by pressing the STOMPS and/or EFFECTS button(s).

Then, press store 3 times.

Sorry to say but that didn't work, either.

Rockin' The D!

• While in the rig you are trying to use, hold down the Lock button and see if you have anything locked. The buttons of any locked items will be lit when you hold the Lock button down. Press the lit buttons to unlock.

No way of knowing if this is the problem, but am trying to help you figure it out.

Be Thankful.

• I think you are all talking about different things. When the OP says position 1 and 2, I think he’s talking about morphing. In this case, Paults’ advice is the sound advice.

Everyone else is assuming the OP is talking about slots in performance mode, however I don’t believe this is the case. Clarification from the OP would go a long way here...

Edited once, last by sambrox: Typo ().

• I definitely appreciate everyone's help here. I should point out that yes, I was trying to have this all happen on Button 1 on the Remote. I didn't think it was a Morph thing as much as I was just trying to get it to switch between a clean sound dry in Position I and then a clean sound with effects in Position II, both on Button 1. If it comes down to having to switch between Buttons 1 & 2 instead, then I'll just do that instead. I was just trying to have this happen on one button but not a big deal. Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to help.

Rockin' The D!

• Agreed.

I was "mislead" ^^ by the post where the OP wrote "I wasn't trying to achieve a morphing effect " .

I would add to paults's great advice to check the Morph Rise Time and Fall Time in the Rig Menu. This will affect how quickly the effects come on or turn off.

Be Thankful.

• Sorry if I used the wrong terminology for describing what I was trying to achieve. I'm still very much a noob when it comes to the KPA and still trying to find my way around.

Rockin' The D!

• Depending on how many FX you need for you Wet tone you could possibly use just the Effects i - iiii buttons on the top row which would still leave Morphing free for something else. Although the LED next to the buttons only show the Status to 2 FX you can assign up to 4 FX to each button. By using the buttons in this way you could have a Dry sound plus 4 different Wet variations AND morph control over any variable parameters you want such as Delay Mix or Boost level etc.

If you need more than 4 FX slots to change status then this one wont work. It would be a nice feature if you could toggle on/off a whole block as one assignment rather than just the individual fX within the block.