OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Your Profiler will connect to RM running 7.0?

Yes, with Win7 x64 even, I had sync problems at first, but switched to Perform-mode and it worked fine after that:

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Yes, with Win7 x64 even, I had sync problems at first, but switched to Perform-mode and it worked fine after that:

I’m on a Mac running High. Sierra.

No bueno.

EDIT: Problem turned out to be PEBKAC.

I just needed RM 2.3, but since someone didn’t check the box to see beta releases in RM......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Mac always seemed to have trouble with RM, for one reason or another, sorry to hear that.

Here's what's new according to the Official Change log:

I really like the new Category>>Type selector for the effects, it's so much easier to get to where you want to be.

Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Updated RM and Profiler from macOS 10.14.6 (MBP 2017). My profiler is pretty much at capacity w/ almost 1000 profiles (yeah, I know). At any rate, the updates generally went OK, but received "Some items in PROFILER are damaged ...." message when connecting to RM 2.3.1/Profiler 7.x. Did the recommended Profiler off > wait 10 seconds > BROWSER/RIG hold for at least 30 seconds deal. I did set to PERFORM as mentioned earlier in thread, but got the same message. Unplugged/plugged back in set to BROWSER and sync completed w/ out issue (it appears). No issues connecting my Mac/RM to Profiler other than USB-C > USB adapter can be a bit sketchy in general (prior to updating).

• Beta update seems to have went well, however, preset management is not working via hardware or software.

Did you update to RM 2.3 beta? As soon as I did, the factory presets appeared in RM. Similar to Rig packs.

• Did you update to RM 2.3 beta? As soon as I did, the factory presets appeared in RM. Similar to Rig packs.

They're there, however, cannot be selected/loaded. On the hardware I can scroll through the PRESET column, however, not CATEGORY or TYPE, as seen when CK demo'd. The rows are there and the implementation very welcome, just not working properly for me currently.

Is FACTORY PRESETS soft button available for anyone else? Manual says it should be there, however, it's not on mine.

I installed through RM, updating RM software first, then firmware. I'm on Win7 PRO.

• They're there, however, cannot be selected/loaded. On the hardware I can scroll through the PRESET row, however, not CATEGORY or TYPE, as seen when CK demo'd. The rows are there and the implementation very welcome, just not working properly for me currently.

I installed through RM, updating RM software first, then firmware. I'm on Win7 PRO.

Is there a soft button at the left mike this? Hitting that toggles category or type.

• Is there a soft button at the left mike this? Hitting that toggles category or type.

There's a soft button for toggling TYPE<->CATEGORY and it seems to change. The knobs below TYPE, CATEGORY, PRESET are not scrolling the above list, though. Only way the preset changes on the hardware is turning the BROWSE knob and it scrolls through the PRESET column.

• There's a soft button for toggling TYPE<->CATEGORY and it seems to change. The knobs below TYPE, CATEGORY, PRESET are not scrolling the above list, though. Only way the preset changes on the hardware is turning the BROWSE knob and it scrolls through the PRESET column.

That’s the correct behavior. Type knob to select effect category, then effect type. Browse knob to cycle the preset column. The knobs below the screen are not active. Load preset or auto load at top right.

• There's a soft button for toggling TYPE<->CATEGORY and it seems to change. The knobs below TYPE, CATEGORY, PRESET are not scrolling the above list, though. Only way the preset changes on the hardware is turning the BROWSE knob and it scrolls through the PRESET column.

Same here

• From the 7.0 Beta Changelog:

Known Issues

The function "Factory Presets" is still missing.

Does that mean they know it's not working, entirely? Is this intended, based on what's to come?

• Locked up the Profiler hard using the RIG navigation cross ... lights out on remote w/ Profiler locked up. Turned the dial to off and nasty pops through the amp. Powered back up and good to go. Beta life. 8o

• Nice find. Thanks for posting. I’ve no idea on answering your question, though.