OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• No acoustic simulation yet. Hopefully in a update within short. But maybe Kemper has to focus on RM 3 first.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• Maybe the stage will always need a slightly different OS because it has 2 fx loops to address and different button access.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Updated too, on Win 10, there´s also no communication between Profiler and RM. Updated KPA with USB.

???My Computer is searching for a driver, now???

After restarting PC and Profiler, the Profiler disappeared from Device Manager, so I reverted back to to 2.1.74 and it came back there.

Then I did the profiler update through RM and Profiler disappeared again. So I got back again and reverted RM too (had to delete it from the Win App page to make it happen...), and now I think I have to stay without Beta:(-waiting silently for the officially release (hope it will work then).

• Should I be able to transfer factory presets from RM to the toaster?

I can double click rigs in the rig browser and they are sent to the toaster (or I can right-click on them, etc.), but when I browse the 'Kemper Factory Content 7' there are a number of presets. When I double click these, nothing happens and if I right click them the menu to preview or store in profiler is greyed out.

Is there something I'm missing?

• I loaded the Beta today and the Stereo Widener now functions like a "Slow Gear" FX.

It sounds cool but I like the Widener better.

Could somebody put the Widener in the X or mod slot and see if you have the same problem.8)

Yes - this happened for me also. I have Stereo Widener locked on in the X slot and got slow attacks on everything at first. I seemed to be able to improve the situation by re-instantiating and playing with parameters but it is definitely an issue with beta 7.0.

• Hello,

I have installed the OS 7.0 on my Kemper.

When i select the reverb effect and i turn the browse knob, a message appears on the screen.

"Assembling preset ..."

And the Kemper continue to load without stopping.

It forces me to restart my unit.

It's been 3 times that I restart it.

It' the same with others effects.

But sometimes when i click on "Exit" button it stop to load and come back to the effect screen.

It seems to be a nice bug !

• How can i do to reinstall the previous OS ?

It's a hell !

Just restore from a previous backup of your choice. I believe that you'll have to reinstall RM to a previous version also if you updated that to the latest version. At least that's the way it used to work. Quite a bit of updating from OS6 to OS7, so hopefully reverting back is possible. I think someone in an earlier post already reverted.

• How can i do to reinstall the previous OS ?

It's a hell !

1) Put a copy of the 6.0 OS into the Root Directory of a USB stick.

2) With the KPA already turned on, and in Browse Mode, Insert the USB stick

3) The KPA will ask you if you want to install the 6.0 OS. Press the "Yes" button.

4) After the OS has been installed, install your most recent Backup.

• Also installed the OS 7.0 on an unpowered rack version with 166 profiles loaded. Went quickly (~20 mins) and smoothly, and functions pretty much as expected.

The only problem I'm having (so far) is that setting up morphing changes doesn't track in real time. By that I mean if I step on the morph button to edit the gain or/or volume boost, I can see the unit respond as usual, but not hear any changes. Once saved, it works normally.

I really like the new RM preset handling and liked the new clipboard feature when copying effects!

Cheers!

Nick

• I downgraded to 6.0 when I couldn’t get presets to function. Wouldn’t allow me to select.

I’ll try 7.0 again tomorrow. When it worked, I liked it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Installing OS7 for me hung at the end with the message Importing Midi Tables. However after a power cycle it boots fine. However Rig Manager then indicated to me that I had corrupt rigs and should reboot holding the rig button. After doing this all UI has become inverted so what should be black is now white and vice versa.

Rolling back to OS6 resolves the inverted UI but then installing the beta OS7 again inverts the UI.

I had much the same experience (no issue w/ Midi Tables, but did have issue w/ corrupt rigs), w/ the exception of the general upgrade from 6 > 7 did NOT invert colors. However, I had a couple hard crashes while cycling through rigs that I hadn't experienced w/ 6.x and did a reset (hold System button ~45 seconds while booting). That process did invert the colors ... not sure I dislike the change, but see no clear way to reverse this particular change?

Edited once, last by anodyne ().

• It's really cool that Kemper routinely makes Betas available for the bold/curious masses to help shoot bugs, but.... this 7.0 Beta seems waaaaay rushed for the Toaster/Rack faithful......

I know we can all be whiny little keyboard babies, always wanting the newest teased free stuff asap (some truly epic "are we there yet?" threads on here). With the physical "Stage" KPA's being shipped (with a seemingly stable 7.0 Stage FW) the pressure was dialed up even further to offer the non stage owners a similar improved experience... but wow.. This one seems super ragged and forced.

Betas are good, but this feels like a Pre-Alpha in alot of ways. I may cop some flak, but why was this one deemed stable enough by the KPA team for the masses to install and test?

• Well excuse me for not reading the right posts. X/

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It's really cool that Kemper routinely makes Betas available for the bold/curious masses to help shoot bugs, but.... this 7.0 Beta seems waaaaay rushed for the Toaster/Rack faithful......

Each times Kemper release a new beta OS, i downloaded it and i never found any bugs .

But here, it's a hell !

See? This happens when betas are rushed. So please everyone, stop putting pressure on the company and wait for them feeling good with their results. It's less hassle for everyone.

BTW: the 7.0 beta is the first one (that I know of) which is available and _not_ being promoted actively in the forum.