OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• After reading all this I think right now Im gonna wait, and watch...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Just ran across my first glitch with v7 - I was in Browse mode looking through rigs, and couldn't get the thing out of this mode, nor to select any rig, nor go back to performances, which was where I wanted to go. Had to re-boot to get around this. Kemper guys - you are geniuses I have no doubt. Please fix this little problem in your release version.

Gary ô¿ô

• Works just fine for me. And thanks for the tuner it's even more stable and not nervous on the low E string anymore. :thumbup:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Can you tell I used to test software for a living? I did the updates first. _Then_ I decided to look and see what problems people were having with it. I did notice the OS update seemed to take a really long time.

Yes it took a little longer time than usual but not that long. Well long enough to notice it thou.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I don't know about that. Kemper has pretty consistently done the things they want in their own timeframe. Perhaps teasing some new things at NAMM was more forced by the blowback they got the previous year with no new additions to show. But even then, I'm not sold on that.

I quite honestly doubt that a handful of impatient people on a forum make the company wake up in a cold sweat with the need to acquiesce. By far the vast majority have been patient and understanding. A beta is a beta and there looks to be major overhauls, so headaches are to be expected.

• I don't know about that. Kemper has pretty consistently done the things they want in their own timeframe. Perhaps teasing some new things at NAMM was more forced by the blowback they got the previous year with no new additions to show. But even then, I'm not sold on that.

I quite honestly doubt that a handful of impatient people on a forum make the company wake up in a cold sweat with the need to acquiesce. By far the vast majority have been patient and understanding. A beta is a beta and there looks to be major overhauls, so headaches are to be expected.

I’ll agree to disagree.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Updated OS from a thumbdrive. Left it alone for 10-15 minutes, then installed 2.3.1 RM, no issues. i left that alone until it found all my rigs.

I haven't tried any of the feature yet but. I wouldn't call myself an advanced user. It stays at my studio desk and I usually play one profile at a time.

So far, so good.

• I think a lot of recent beta releases have been pretty much the finished product, lulling people into a false sense of security as to what a beta actually is. If I was a performer I wouldn't touch a beta release with a bargepole. Having said that everyone who finds discrepancies and reports it in deserves a pat on the back for being part of the OS development.

• that is a known bug that will be fixed in one of the next updates

Hi, could you also see if you can replicate the behaviour I experienced with the harmonic pitch? The pitch effect just stopped working even though it was active. Required a restart to work.

I also got a message in between that my volume pedal had been set to zero and the tuner popped up on my Remote. This is even though I had bot connected an expression pedal. Tapped on tuner and the sound came back.

• Kemper moderators/support sometimes enter the discussion and ask someone to submit a ticket of an issue mentioned in this beta thread. Some few post ago Kemper support also commented on an issue as a “known bug”.

Wouldn’t it be an idea for Kemper to list knows bugs in a pinned post, adding new issues once they have been confirmed by Kemper after looking into submitted tickets.

Glancing through such a post could help users understand strange behaviors on their units and not report, ask questions or submit tickets for issues already known.

Or, maybe there already is such a post that I’ve not found?

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• This is my first glitchy experience with OS v7;

I made a change in a delay setting and went to store the performance it's located in. Next a bubble appeared saying it was 'syncing 1 of 2 performances.' This got hung up and never did finish the sync or return to the performance screen. I had to turn off and re-boot the KPA. Normally saving a performance is a 3 second deal, right? And why it said it was syncing 2 I don't get at all, because I only made a change in 1 performance slot. I'm going to unhook from RM and see if this behavior disappears. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

I agree with KriGro. This may already be a known bug, but who wants to go through 138 posts to see if it's been reported previously? A list of known issues would greatly ease this reporting process. I also hope this behavior gets resolved. I'll be happy to write a support ticket if that's required.

Gary ô¿ô