OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• My experience level with the Kemper Profiler could be described as far west of intermediate.

Should I have any reservations about downloading the public beta version of OS7 and Rig Manager/Editor 3.0?

Would waiting for the official release be a wiser option, or is there any downside to just diving in?

• My experience level with the Kemper Profiler could be described as far west of intermediate.

Should I have any reservations about downloading the public beta version of OS7 and Rig Manager/Editor 3.0?

Would waiting for the official release be a wiser option, or is there any downside to just diving in?

There is no Rig Manager 3.0 yet. Only a beta release of RM to manage Profiles, but not any kind of editing nor previewing presets.

The improvement of OS 7.0 is the new way of scrolling presets that lets you scroll by categories of effects and types besides the presets themselves. In previous OS versions you had to browse each one of the presets before getting to the one you where looking for.

There are more changes that you can check in the changelog of the release below:

• For those who have a problem with the Beta 7.0 stereo widener> This effect has gone,as described. If you have it on a rig, you have to eliminate this effect, or you have to turn the ducking of the stereo widener to the maximum left.

The good thing is> the new swell effect, which I like very much. Perhaps Kemper can leave this effect, rename it as Swell and add the original stereo widener to the official 7.0 version.

• Yes, I think thats what Burkhard Dinnes said at min 5 of the NAMM Video about the auto swell effect.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did backup and installed 7.0 without problems. But after th restart all (!) rigs and performances were gone (exept one) - is there a trick? Fx and new Fx preset management works fine... or should I rollback better sooner than later?

Thanks, Mavid

• Did backup and installed 7.0 without problems. But after th restart all (!) rigs and performances were gone (exept one) - is there a trick? Fx and new Fx preset management works fine... or should I rollback better sooner than later?

Thanks, Mavid

Check the browse filter setting

Thanks, Mavid

please restore the backup you made before the update

• I had assumed that it would work that way. I was surprised that it didn't work in the manner of a normal tree stucture with only presets for Natural Verb say being available in the right column once Reverb and the Natural Verb were selected in the first and second columns.

I am confused. I thought that is the way it appears to work, at least going by the following Tone Junkie video. Around the 24-25 minute mark, they show them choosing category (chorus) -->Type (Tremolo) and then the right column immediately shows the presets for the Tremolo, and the "Classic" is then selected. Am I misunderstanding you and @azertyvince?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The Stereo Widener runs like a slow engine.8)

• I thought this would be a BETA on the new editor (in Rig Manager) presented at NAMM in January 2019. For me, it looks the same as last version (Yes I have installed both OS7 and Rig Manager 2.3.1). What is new in the interface?