OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Sorry, I read through comments more thoroughly an found that "Atlantic" already explained that in a comment (#163):

"There is no Rig Manager 3.0 yet. Only a beta release of RM to manage Profiles, but not any kind of editing nor previewing presets.

The improvement of OS 7.0 is the new way of scrolling presets that lets you scroll by categories of effects and types besides the presets themselves. In previous OS versions you had to browse each one of the presets before getting to the one you where looking for."

:)

• OS 7.01 Beta just landed, installing now.

PROFILER Operating System 7.0.1.14852/14853

Audio

fixed: Stereo Widener functional again

fixed: edited parameters for Morph Sound immediately audible

User Interface

fixed: new presets of Legacy Reverb don't cause data issues anymore - such presets stored since 6.0 get ignored!

fixed: new presets of Legacy Reverb include Bandwidth and Mid Frequency settings

fixed: accidental inverse display

fixed: display color reflecting effect type correctly, if effect category selected via <PAGE> buttons

fixed: Stomps and Effects Section locks set in other PROFILER models are incompatible and now get ignored in Stage

fixed: default pedal assignment at Stage

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

Edited once, last by JSB: Update ().

• The upgrade from 7.0.0 to 7.01 went very smoothly over here, didn't take long either. Everything I tried in 7.0.1 works, except the RM presets still. The effects selection menu takes a bit to get familiar with, but it's a major improvement. It just keeps getting better.

Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Great work Team Kemper.

However, I notice that the Load Preset button still doesn't show unless you turn the browse wheel though. You can now load presets if you select AutoLoad but you can't navigate presets using the Rig Cross and manually load them without reaching for the browse wheel which kind of misses an opportunity when using the Cross.

Also, if you use the Up/Down arrows to select and Effect Type and then use Left/Right to select a preset the KPA randomly Auto Load a preset while still searching even if AutoLoad isn't ticked..

• I have a feeling that is was released under pressure of complaints from the community and that the staff are still largely on holidays with a minimal crew to fix immediate bugs. Remember that the Rig Manager Editor is not released for this very reason. I think what we have is pre-beta builds. As close to beta as you can get but a little more buggy than normal.

• Hi

can`t open any Rig via Rigmanager with dobleclicking on it.......shit.......reinstalled the older versions of RM and OS ......still the same......:cursing:

I don't know if you are windows or mac but on Win 7 64 I have had my old program icon become disconnected from the new installed version - this was some time ago with an older RM version.

You might want to check the date of the file you are trying to launch with your icon on the desktop - if the program executable file is old then it is not the current version (2.3.1) and you can change the file it points to.

• Latest beta a bit better. Inverted colors fixed as listed in notes and I haven't had full system lockup. That said, EXTREMELY slow to switch between rigs ... I have autoload off and select given rig (using dial) to load. Strange for need to remote to go dark for long period of time (30 seconds or so?) while loading rig. Navigation cross (and remote) seem pretty lacking for the purpose of switching rigs as autoload can't be disabled for these modes (?) and the loading times are painful. Just a beta and if I go back to 6 everything speedy again. Maybe I'm missing something w/ the rig loading and other folks aren't experiencing this? Thanks.

• anodyne, I just tried loading rigs from RM, and also selecting from the Browse knob, I'm not experiencing the slow rig loading. I even tried disabling Autoload, the load times are snappy over here. I have 875 rigs in my Profiler, for whatever that's worth.

• anodyne, I just tried loading rigs from RM, and also selecting from the Browse knob, I'm not experiencing the slow rig loading. I even tried disabling Autoload, the load times are snappy over here. I have 875 rigs in my Profiler, for whatever that's worth.

JSB Thanks for your confirmation that you are not having issue. I've had it w/ both beta releases on my toaster w/ remote. I only have ~500 rigs on toaster w/ my second attempt at running beta. I'm moving back to OS 6 until final release as the loading time (for me) isn't workable right now. Thanks again.

edit: I can disconnect the remote and things are fine/speedy ... remote adds significant delay/hangs to loading of rigs FWIW.

• JSB Thanks for your confirmation that you are not having issue. I've had it w/ both beta releases on my toaster w/ remote. I only have ~500 rigs on toaster w/ my second attempt at running beta. I'm moving back to OS 6 until final release as the loading time (for me) isn't workable right now. Thanks again.

edit: I can disconnect the remote and things are fine/speedy ... remote adds significant delay/hangs to loading of rigs FWIW.

Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what the problem could be. It's even stranger to me, that your remote has any effect on the loading speed. I also have the remote connected at all times.

• Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what the problem could be. It's even stranger to me, that your remote has any effect on the loading speed. I also have the remote connected at all times.

JSB After disconnecting remote and testing w/ good success ... I shut things down again, reconnected remote (cold) and booted back up. I can NOT reproduce issue that hit me w/ BOTH betas. Perhaps it needed to boot up once (?) w/ out remote connected to get everything in sync and now everything will be perfect? I kid, I know this is a beta.

• I'm not having any problems with anything other than the Presets with RM.

But I think we're waiting for the Editor to officially release, before the RM Presets get any attention. I don't know anything for fact, that's my guess.

• Personally I'm disappointed the Stereo Widener is "fixed" and no longer does Auto Swell. That was the key to a great violin sound. Does anyone know where there's an Auto Swell on the Kemper now, or how to mimic one? Burkhard certainly did mention this effect in the NAMM video previously mentioned.

Gary ô¿ô