OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• There is no Auto Swell yet. It's planned for a future release. We put it in for test purposes and it accidentally leaked into the public OS.

Well I personally LOVED that accident. I wish you hadn't "fixed" the stereo widener and left the mistake in there :S

Gary ô¿ô

• You can make one using the swell and ducking effect in the delay. I posted a Rig a while back that was based on a Fender Twin that had the effect tied to the IIII switch on the Remote.

Nice! I missed this post obviously. It was a bit rich for me, so I took out the spring in B and the delay in Mod. I also decreased your Swell from 50 to 40% which allows me to play faster violin lines. I also inserted an optional Transpose down 1 octave in D so I now have instant cello as well!

Try it Sam, and thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Gary ô¿ô

• Hey Gary, here's an improvised attempt with a volume pedal and a slide.8)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You are one very cool cat, Muddy! Is your avatar truly you? Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Did you record that with Sam's original rig or did you tweak down like I did?

Gary ô¿ô

• I have a 'Kemper Stage' arriving tomorrow so I thought it best to update my Powertoaster to 'PROFILER Operating System 7.0.1 Public Beta'.

Big mistake! :cursing:

-installed kaos via USB and it hung on 'Midi tables'

-Rebooted and it hung for a while and then proceeded to the new-user/unit input screens (date, time, user name, etc).

-After that my rigs were still there but all my performances GONE. I did not make a backup before updating but did backup my Live performances a few weeks ago so I still have them minus a few tweaks that I don't remember.

-Upon connecting to the new Beta rig manager I encountered issues with syncing; performance kept in slot 1 not syncing and stuck in slot 1 (while all other where deleted by the update).

-Impossible to import the backup performances from library. Succeeded in the end by drag/dropping from Mac/Finder folder direct. Still issues with performance slot 1 not syncing between rig manager and toaster but after some rebooting and fiddling about got it to work.

I have to strongly advice against doing this Beta upgrade. This is the first time that I have the Microsoft Update panic on a Kemper where everything seems to have gone wrong in the update process. I have a background in ICT and I don't scare easily by encountering bugs in new software but I must say that I'm very glad that the next tour is still 10 days away. I will test intensively and if unstable will roll-back to kaos6 before those shows.

Actually, I will probably use the Stage but can't speak on that until it gets here :P

Bottom line: This Beta update is very unstable on my toaster!! Make sure you backup and have time to troubleshoot or don't install it.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Nice! I missed this post obviously. It was a bit rich for me, so I took out the spring in B and the delay in Mod. I also decreased your Swell from 50 to 40% which allows me to play faster violin lines. I also inserted an optional Transpose down 1 octave in D so I now have instant cello as well!

Try it Sam, and thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Nice, glad you could use it. I originally made it to try out with this country/surf inspired band that I played with, hence the drippy spring. The swell effect was to emulate a lap steel kind of vibe for some fills that I play in one of the songs :)

I’ll try your tweak, too!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hah some nice kewl swells in that jazz driven jive Muddy- Luv It!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Great stuff! Here's a quick demo of the violin sound I've tweaked using a different setup than sambrox, but using his swell idea on the KPA. (Please excuse miscues, etc... it was after just a quick demo of a tune I've never played before).

Gary ô¿ô

• Gary, your having fun now, sounds cool.

I played 2 openers for Roy in Dallas, We drank like pirates.8)

External Content www.youtube.com

That's bad ass, Muddy! I get a groovy vibe from a different era, "a one and a two..."

• Used one of the old Ernie Ball volume pedals. They have a long smooth taper.

My sounds used no pedals at all, just the swell/ducking in the dual delay suggested and tweaked from sambrox . You were going for (and got!) COOL, I was going for a more authentic violin sound. With transpose set to -12 it is just as authentic a cello. I have this as a stomp on my Remote.

Gary ô¿ô

• Hi..I think I found a bug in OS7 Public Beta..I usually use the "amp" from a profile and change the cab, then I store it as a new profile. The problem here is that now there is only one choice. . the "store as". Before the upgrade to OS7 I had one more choice to store any change to the same profile..??Is this a BUG????Also after the upgrade to Rig Manager all my profiles had change position!!!

• Hi..I think I found a bug in OS7 Public Beta..I usually use the "amp" from a profile and change the cab, then I store it as a new profile. The problem here is that now there is only one choice. . the "store as". Before the upgrade to OS7 I had one more choice to store any change to the same profile..??Is this a BUG????Also after the upgrade to Rig Manager all my profiles had change position!!!

When you load a rig via Rig Manager it considers it a preview, so you only get the "Store As" option. I don't care for that approach either, but you can get around it by loading the rig using the KPA controls instead of RM when you're going to do any editing.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer