OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Yes, using USB stick. Download 6.0 from kemper's download page, put it on stick and insert into memory kemper.

Great, thank you!

So I have to re-install the previous RM version as well I'm assuming? I can't downgrade it to the previous version and keep my rigs etc.?

• Great, thank you!

So I have to re-install the previous RM version as well I'm assuming? I can't downgrade it to the previous version and keep my rigs etc.?

Make a backup of RM contents, uninstall 2.3.1, install previous version and then import previously saved backup.

• Brilliant, thank you!

FarleyUK I just did the same. I encourage you to do a backup of course. But you most certainly will not need it because data is not stored in the same folders as the application. In my case the usual uninstall did not work and I had to completely remove the Rig Manager folder inside the Kemper Amps folder. Even doing this, when I installed RM 2.1 again all my content was there without restoring my backup.

• When you load a rig via Rig Manager it considers it a preview, so you only get the "Store As" option. I don't care for that approach either, but you can get around it by loading the rig using the KPA controls instead of RM when you're going to do any editing.

No, I doesn't work..I used the Kemper without the Rig Manager and whenever I tried to make any change to any profile and then save it to the same profile, I only get the "save as"..its killing me, I can't even store to the same profile the volume change!!

• No, I doesn't work..I used the Kemper without the Rig Manager and whenever I tried to make any change to any profile and then save it to the same profile, I only get the "save as"..its killing me, I can't even store to the same profile the volume change!!

Then yours is working differently from mine.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• No, I doesn't work..I used the Kemper without the Rig Manager and whenever I tried to make any change to any profile and then save it to the same profile, I only get the "save as"..its killing me, I can't even store to the same profile the volume change!!

I found one scenario in 7.0.1 where that happens. You select a Rig A in Browser Mode. Then switch to Performance Mode, select and load another Rig B there. Then switch back to Browser Mode. You see Rig A, but if you press STORE now, the reference to that Rig seems broken and only "Store As" gets offered. As soon as you load a fresh Rig in Browser Mode, everything is back to normal.

When you press store and you're faced with "Store As..." what do you do? If you press Store as..., you can then edit the name. Or, do nothing and press store again. It will overwrite the existing rig and save as the same name.

Regardless, you will always be faced with Store as... in case you don't want to overwrite the existing rig.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Just to avoid confusion: Store As will not overwrite the original Rig even if you don't modify the suggested Rig Name. It will create another Rig with the identical name. You could use the Creation Date of both Rigs to distinguish and delete the original.

Only Replace and Rename would effectively overwrite the original Rig.

• Well a paradigm..I am in browser mode and I pick a profile..then because is too loud I turn back the volume and I press store..and appears only the "store as"..I did it today, yesterday etc..And this problem just after the OS7 update.

• Just to avoid confusion: Store As will not overwrite the original Rig even if you don't modify the suggested Rig Name. It will create another Rig with the identical name. You could use the Creation Date of both Rigs to distinguish and delete the original.

Only Replace and Rename would effectively overwrite the original Rig.

Thanks for clarifying Burkard. I knew I had something screwy.

• Well a paradigm..I am in browser mode and I pick a profile..then because is too loud I turn back the volume and I press store..and appears only the "store as"..I did it today, yesterday etc..And this problem just after the OS7 update.

I just did this and got all the save options, so something is different about your system.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

I am on 7.0, and what I’ve described still works just fine. Is yours behaving differently? Perhaps make a video?

• I cannot reproduce this the way you describe it.

Are your running 7.0.1 public beta?

How are you picking the Rig?

Or are you really just picking a PROFILE (amp or stack)? From Rigs or Presets?

• Updated through rig manager. After the update rig manager would close itself after scanning 20~ rigs in my kemper, no matter which setting it was on.

I used my usb stick and re-installed OS6, then re-upgraded to OS7. As others suggested, I switched my kemper to performance-mode, then, started rig manager. This time all rigs were detected and now it's all working (as far as I can tell).

• Ok, on one hand it's good that you fixed it. On the other hand I'm still wondering what the scenario had been. I don't see any global setting involved. Perhaps it was just the restart and you loading another mode or another Rig - changing the scenario.

• My problem fixed with init global..now I have and the other options beside "store as"..

I think you just loaded another rig. The options for "Replace" and "Rename" are only available if the Rig was loaded from within the Profiler - because this is the only way for it to know, which Rig should be "replaced" or "renamed".

"Init Globals" would not do anything in this matter.