OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Ok, on one hand it's good that you fixed it. On the other hand I'm still wondering what the scenario had been. I don't see any global setting involved. Perhaps it was just the restart and you loading another mode or another Rig - changing the scenario.

I really don't know. The steps I followed were standard. when I upgraded to OS 7 ( probably 3-4 days ago) and kemper did its job "restarted"..from that momentum I couldn't even low the volume and press store because the options were only store as. Yesterday night that I was searching another problem that I have with Kemper ( find thread: excellent sound from headphones/ bad sound from master output) I tried init global and then I had all the option Replace etc. I will check it again today, I hope the options are there..!!!

• I think you just loaded another rig. The options for "Replace" and "Rename" are only available if the Rig was loaded from within the Profiler - because this is the only way for it to know, which Rig should be "replaced" or "renamed".

"Init Globals" would not do anything in this matter.

No timo, I checked it with many rigs with many ways. I understand it's weird, and yes it could be me, but I haven't any clue about it right now. I picked rigs from Rig Manager and tried to store different cabs or just change volume, then I picked up rigs from Kemper with RM off..and the same results...anyway all good with this, but now I have bigger problem..

• If you have a PROFILER backup of the issue situation, please open an support ticket and send it.

Sorry you mean a back up for my Rigs? And what is support ticket? By the way now my problem isn't the options about "store as" cause it's ok.. my current problem is the sound that comes from headphones is fantastic but the sound that comes from Master and monitor output to my monitors is at least dull. I have a thread about this today morning..

• Sorry you mean a back up for my Rigs? And what is support ticket? By the way now my problem isn't the options about "store as" cause it's ok.. my current problem is the sound that comes from headphones is fantastic but the sound that comes from Master and monitor output to my monitors is at least dull. I have a thread about this today morning..

A support ticket is the official way to get individualized support for YOUR specific problem, without any guessing or speculation. You work with support directly via mail.

In my sig you see how you open a support ticket.

And Burkhard means a backup of your whole machine.

• Well, back to version 6. At rehearsal last night my KPA crashed a couple times - first the remote blinked off, then turning the Profiler (unpowered) to off, nothing happened for a bit, then it shut down. Turning back on, it took over a minute to completely power back up. The crash happened in Performance mode, switching between slots in the same performance.

I had RM running and my Macbook connected via USB. I've had issues with this setup before, partially solved by always keeping my Macbook connected to its power supply, don't let the computer sleep.

While this issue was present in OS 6, and somewhat infrequent, with OS 7 this happens far more often. It's random, hard to duplicate, but when it does it is more than just an inconvenience. I cannot use this live.

So, sadly, I'll wait a while before upgrading, let the bugs get worked out. It's a nice upgrade, but not ready for live playing.

• Perhaps OS 7 does this more frequently due to having to sync all the presets now.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yeah - I had it with the version prior to 2.31. I had it close to the limit for rigs after saving a bunch of modified rigs to the KPA and managed to sort it out by moving a bunch of them off the profiler and into folders in RM. I had to go a couple of rounds with the machine instructions (as you mentioned) in the process.

• Only reason I’m on 6.0 is the Kemper at my church this weekend is on 6.0. I back mine up, back theirs up....then swap mine in.?

I’ve also found 7.0 to be quite stable if RM isn’t open.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Good to hear Ruefus ...I’m glad you guys are taking one for the team on testing.

I've done it in the past but I’ve found the last couple to be a bit too rushed and not worth taking the risk for live performances. I’m VERY confident the kemper team will sort but I will wait until I’m absolutely sure it all works well before I upgrade.

I’ve got my performances and sound exactly as I need it at the moment and upgrading to get some slight improvements on the software side isn’t worth the risk IMHO