OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• I believe this is exactly why they decided to re-assign the Type and Browse buttons instead.

Otherwise, the soft knobs would have to instantly change to editing functions once effect is loaded.

This may not be possible.

The 4 buttons above the display are not used much for editing effects. My suggestion would be to make the 4th (right) button "Load Preset", then when pressed switch the rotaries below to "select mode". To further improve on things the KPA could preferably keep track of the last loaded preset for every FX-slot in every rig and set the UI pointing to that preset when the selection-view is opened. For my own use I am more likely to be looking for a different variant of the current effect in the slot than something completely different.

• I had a weird one yesterday. Updated my powerhead via Rig Manager to 7.0.1.148528, which seemed to go without issue, but yesterday, while scrolling between presets in browse mode, which is mostly how I use this thing, when I selected a rig and hit "load", it would kind of hang on the selection before going back to the main display with just the rig name you've chosen. It seems to last about 10 seconds, and during that time, the Kemper is still playing, but on the previous rig, and none of the controls respond.

I also a couple of times saw a screen that said is was building a list of presets, and it hung on that screen a couple of times. I found a workaround for that by turning to "Tuner" mode and back, at which point, I had the expected display.

I shut it off and turned it back on, and haven't seen it again since, but thought I ought to mention it.

I almost reverted to the previous 7.0.0, but decided to give this another chance, and see if it happens again. I didn't have any such problems with that version.

I do have auto-load turned off BTW, because I had been experiencing the slight hangs when scrolling quickly to get say, from rigs that start with "B" to the ones that start with "S".

• I've seen this w/ both betas on my powered toaster. I gave things a full reset w/ the latest beta, loading back in ~500 rigs. Still have the issue, but perhaps a bit less w/ 2nd beta. I always have a remote connected (and remote will go black for a bit), so unsure if I would see this issue w/ out remote. Eventually results in full lock where I have to power cycle toaster. Not too anxious for a production release of 7.x at this point ... didn't experience this w/ 6.x at all. Rig Manager has never been connected when I experience this issue.

• When you load a rig via Rig Manager it considers it a preview, so you only get the "Store As" option. I don't care for that approach either, but you can get around it by loading the rig using the KPA controls instead of RM when you're going to do any editing.

But It's worth being changed

• I started to use the performance mode. I assigned rigs to the slots and saved the performance. Then I noticed, for some of the slots the rig name written on the second line (inside the "boxes") is wrong, while the one written beneath the performance name is right. I don't know if it happened with the previous OS ? I sent a message to the support team.

• The Gain knob is always usable from within any Stomp screen. Mine it appears is an anomaly that has happened on my unit twice now, it’s working again today on test.

Are you referring to the physical gain knob? That only affects the amp gain. Doesn’t matter whether you’re in a stomp or not. Amp gain only.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I started to use the performance mode. I assigned rigs to the slots and saved the performance. Then I noticed, for some of the slots the rig name written on the second line (inside the "boxes") is wrong, while the one written beneath the performance name is right. I don't know if it happened with the previous OS ? I sent a message to the support team.

That's an annoying bug (or feature?). You can click the "Edit" Button and then choose something similar to "Use Rig Name" to change the slot's name into the name of the rigs which is in the respective performance slot.

• It's actually a feature.

If you think of the text as the name of the slot (instead of the what rig is currently used) it will make sense. You can then name slots as "Intro", "break", "Solo" etc.

But as a convenience, when you FIRST load a rig into an empty slot I copies the rig name as the default name of the slot.

If the slot already have a name it will not do that, but there is a button in edit mode that does this for you if you want.

• It's actually a feature.

If you think of the text as the name of the slot (instead of the what rig is currently used) it will make sense. You can then name slots as "Intro", "break", "Solo" etc.

But as a convenience, when you FIRST load a rig into an empty slot I copies the rig name as the default name of the slot.

If the slot already have a name it will not do that, but there is a button in edit mode that does this for you if you want.

I do not see it as a feature anyways.

• Are you referring to the physical gain knob? That only affects the amp gain. Doesn’t matter whether you’re in a stomp or not. Amp gain only.

Yes the physical Gain knob :) which of course only affects Amp Gain. When I'm dialing in a Booster I often change the Amp Gain at the same time to get them both working together how I like it.

• Yes the physical Gain knob :) which of course only affects Amp Gain. When I'm dialing in a Booster I often change the Amp Gain at the same time to get them both working together how I like it.

Ok. That’s entirely different, then. The Pure Booster has no gain of its own. Like say, the Green Scream or Mouse does.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I do not see it as a feature anyways.

It's actually a wonderful feature which is extremely useful. You're obviously very new to Performance Mode. Play with it some more, hopefully you'll awaken to it's utility. I rename every rig I save in performances to something useful, like eg. "Frampton" for my rig using talkbox effect.

Gary ô¿ô

• It's actually a wonderful feature which is extremely useful. You're obviously very new to Performance Mode. Play with it some more, hopefully you'll awaken to it's utility. I rename every rig I save in performances to something useful, like eg. "Frampton" for my rig using talkbox effect.

Same here. With a glance down I can quickly grok Verse, Chorus and Lead.

I don't want to see MbMkIIIK (a made up Mesa Boogie Mark II with a Klon profile, but you get the idea) and have to remember that this is the profile I'm using for the chorus of a song.

But then, I'm a simple creature. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited once, last by Chris Duncan ().

• Same here. With a glance down I can quickly grok Verse, Chorus and Lead.

I don't want to see MbMkIIIK (a made up Mesa Boogie Mark II with a Klon profile, but you get the idea) and have to remember that this is the profile I'm using for the chorus of a song.

But then, I'm a simple creature. :)

To not be able to rename slots to specifics, like verse, chorus, etc I’d flip out. It’d make it near-useless for performing.

I've never quite understood the naming that shows up on the remote in performance mode. The way I organize my sounds for has always been to make song-specific rigs and load them into a couple performances in the order I'll need them for live that day. (most songs I only need one rig since i utilize the morph feature set to instant with the remote footswitches) While I have dozens of song-specific rigs, they're all based on no more than 4 profiles; what's song specific is the various effect combinations and tempo settings, perhaps a tweak of the gain when morphed. Over the years, I've swapped out some of the profiles to different ones. Therefore, seeing the name of the original profile that the song-specific rig was originally based on is pointless, since what I need to see most live is the name/part of the song not the name of the profile, which is the same in many song specific rigs I use.

• It's actually a wonderful feature which is extremely useful. You're obviously very new to Performance Mode. Play with it some more, hopefully you'll awaken to it's utility. I rename every rig I save in performances to something useful, like eg. "Frampton" for my rig using talkbox effect.

No, I exclusively use performance mode. However, I build up rigs per band and guitar. My performances look like e.g.

1) Blackface

2) /13

3) JTM45

4) JCM800

5) EVH

from clean to high-gain. If I now change the JCM800 to a - let‘s say - Friedman profile, I do not want it to be called JCM800 obviously.

It depends on the use-case if it‘s a bug or a feature.